Shop / Garage Lighting

Hi,

Here a few pics of one of my bays with lighting we got from Home depot. The bay door is down so it is a little darker looking at the moment. I'm looking to get brighter lights with out breaking the bank. Any suggestions would be kindly accepted.

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2161.JPG

IMG_2162.JPG

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to get bulbs at link  and also at local electrical supply houses. 5000 Kelvin are much brighter than the HD bulbs I've seen. I think the higher color temps in the Blue spectrum are better for color matching tasks. They make them up to 6400 Kelvin but they are kinda hard on the eyes. Oh yeah, nice shop.

@Aesop_Rock  with what you have.  The best choice is to either switch to all T-8 lighting.  Or go LED on all your fixtures.  

LED would be the best route and you just eliminate tha ballast and straight wire the new bulbs.  

4 minutes ago, Bham said:

@Aesop_Rock  with what you have.  The best choice is to either switch to all T-8 lighting.  Or go LED on all your fixtures.  

LED would be the best route and you just eliminate tha ballast and straight wire the new bulbs.  

These are LED with 3000 lumens per light. I feel like I'm in a dungeon lol. When I pull cars out into the sun sometimes I find little imperfection that I hadn't noticed while tinting. So I'll have to bring the car back in and do touch ups. It's a pain.

12 minutes ago, Aesop_Rock said:

These are LED with 3000 lumens per light. I feel like I'm in a dungeon lol. When I pull cars out into the sun sometimes I find little imperfection that I hadn't noticed while tinting. So I'll have to bring the car back in and do touch ups. It's a pain.

Then look into Big  Ass  Lights.  

With motion sensors - there really is nothing better.  

Archived