Age of SolarFX?

what up guys. New to this forum.

Got a few questions....Ive researched many brands over the last 20 years or so. I had my standard brand discontinued in the last few months, so now I'm on the search for a new one. Ive tried a few and they seem ok. Ive come down to a couple that Im between.

I like the feel of these two brands. Suntek Carbon, and SolarFX Carbon.

Ive searched all over the web and there is tons of stuff on suntek but almost nothing on solarfx...Im just gonna assume because it is a newer company?

The oldest stuff i can find on solarfx is from 2014ish...hopefully not because they started in 2014?

My questions for SolarFx is

1.) where is this film made? Ive read in some place that this is not a manufacturer, its just a rebox brand? and honestly that doesnt really play a major role on my decision as long as they are willing to tell me where the film is manufactured. I dont want to sell a product that i can't explain to my customers. and I also dont want my customer to know more about my products then I do of course. Customers are extremely smart these days, they do their homework...as they should.

I see some people saying made in the USA, but never have i seen the company state this...so thats my first question.

2.) How old is the film? With suntek I know its a lifetime color stable film...in which I see people saying all the time that you will only get about 5-6 years out of it.....with the film being old enough to tell if they will live up to the warranty or not makes things a little easier.

So I dont want to hit the same thing with SolarFX if the film is only a few years old. Basically they are saying its a lifetime warranty on a dyed film?(cause to my knowledge SolarFX carbon is not a carbon film at all) 

and if the film has not been on the market for at least 10 years or so then Im not sure I want to take the chance to see if I will in fact have to use the shit out of the warranty in 5-6-7 years or so.

yes I've tried both films....and honestly I like them both....to me it seems like the SolarFX is much more scratch resistant over the suntek. SFX is also thicker. Love the color of Suntek, but dont know if i want to offer lifetime warranty on a film that many say will fade over time....I like the "having your back with a warranty" idea, but I dont want a warranty that i will certainly have to use every 5-6 years.

So I guess thats basically my two questions for the SolarFX....hopeing to hear from some people that are NOT a part of the company...haha... I want the good and the bad...not just the people that been using it for a few months now.

12 minutes ago, DynamicAppearance said:

I will let people that have routinely used both reply, but I wanted to point out that Suntek Carbon barely has any carbon in it.  So when comparing the two, I would not worry about the term "carbon", I would compare them as Color Stable films.

Yep thats pretty much what Im looking to compare long term for these films, is the color stability....I can care less if they claim carbon or not, if it isn't color stable then the carbon means nothing to me.

I highly doubt you will find out "where" solar fx is made.  They either "rebox" or have film made for them.  Suntek is still a good film and many on here love solar fx.  I have used a bit of Suntek and have not used any solar fx.  I did go and see the warehouse and meet Shawn from Solar FX I even have a shirt, lol.

18 minutes ago, Ryker said:

I highly doubt you will find out "where" solar fx is made.  They either "rebox" or have film made for them.  Suntek is still a good film and many on here love solar fx.  I have used a bit of Suntek and have not used any solar fx.  I did go and see the warehouse and meet Shawn from Solar FX I even have a shirt, lol.

yea i hear ya....and honestly I'm not looking to got check out their manufacturing plant or anything...but you would be surprised at how many customer ask where my film is made...and i dont want to not have an answer for them. If they are saying that its made in the US then thats fine with me...I have just never seen them mention it anywhere unlike other manufacturers

I used a little bit of suntek carbon but it's been years ago. I'd say around 2010 or 12 honestly I can't remember. I did personally pull it off of my vehicle after three years in nc and it appeared to have a purple look to it. Now I'm not saying full on barney purple but a slight look to it. Solar fx carbon I'd say I used 5 or 6 rolls of it. Maybe a little more but I wouldn't say by much, I did use more of the ultra and a lot more of the ceramic. As far as the carbon though it does shrink very well also has a great scratch coat. The 20 30 and 35 all had a really good color to them also. The downfall for me is the 35 was to dark for my legal so I had the 43 as legal. I only had two rolls of it that I used because it metered to light out of box on both occasions. I believe they both were 47 out of box and installed absolute darkest at 39. Also the 43 and 5 did not follow the same color as the other three. It seemed to have more of a green hue to it to me. That was all installed last year so I don't really have any longevity out of it so to speak.

while we are at it, if anyone has other suggestions for a lifetime color stable film please post them up I'll be glad to try them out. Im not looking for metalized or hybrid films though. Dont like the feel of them. I'd prefer a carbon if possible or if someone has good feedback on deep dyed then I'm also open to that. But must hold its color.