Did i get scammed ?? Sold me Ceramic tint, but im suspecting it isnt ceramic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is the thing. Thr Llumar shop is affiliated with a suspension shop whos ripped people off including my brother and a friend.  Plus thry seemed intimidated to do my Jeep.

I have a 89 Jeep grand wagoneer.. which is guess is hard to do because its seal on seal out and inside and i guess (dirty) and i didnt like how timid that one shop was.

Anyway. I went to another shop to hsve my windows measured they read 14-15%.  Then i had my friend go in and pretend he wanted tinting done.. asked about ceramic and the brand ect.. Then asked for 20% and thr guy said sure we hsve 20.. but then my friend said well your display says 15%. And he asked what is thr full name if the ceramic you use.  And the guy said well it its actually 18% but we sell it as 15%.

Then he asked if he could physically see the boxes to make sure hes getting what she will pay for and he said he has to ask his boss but he doesnt see why not.

So based on all this specially his 18% comment which is true based on globals pdf.  I think they are selling it as 15% because thats what it shows uo as on the window im thinking.. like someone else above said.

So i think they are telling the truth... i just get really suspicious.. i dont trust a single person in this world specially mechanics because ive been ripped off and lied too a lot.. 

The other shop that measured my windows the guy said they did a really good job.. and i agree afyer it was fixed its damn near perfect now

That's good news and trust me you're getting just as good of a product as llumar. Global isn't widely known yet from a consumer stand point but mostly every installer as at least heard of it. Now that he's got you squared away guarantee that you'll have a quality film that's going to last for years. 

i'm pretty sure u got the ceramic u asked for, for the most part the visible light transmitted is 15% or 18% is how much light passes through the glass, not how much heat it will reject. If you feel a half the burn on your arm disappear once you roll your windows up that's what It should feel like.

Unless you went t a ghetto shop then you should be fine. I'll admit even for us I would have hated working on your vehicle because of the year, the edges and seals. For them to redo and make everything flawless just shows you went to the right place. Any ghetto shop would have just said fcuk that!

It's understandable to be suspicious. I get a lot of customers like that, and I get like that myself especially with oil changes. Fortunately for me the Llumar ceramic I use has a bit of a haze to it, so I just show them the difference. Then they have peace of mind that I'm not baiting and switching.

Correct me if I'm wrong though. I read on here somewhere that most ceramics have this haze? 

Well mine has like a greenish.charcoal look to it. I dunno if that neans anything.

But yes i know my jeep is hard.. but i gave him permission to cut ny inner seals on the quarter panels at an angle so he could install it easier. Also said he could cut the seals on the front vent window too.

So that helped him a lot on install. Dont need the inside seals to be perfect anyway just the outside.

Here are pics of the rear window i wasnt happy with.. see the air gaos on all the heating elements... looks kinda crappy.

But with the reinstall of nee film he took his time on it. And now the elements have no air at all. And those mini air bubbles in the other pic the whole window had them all over not jusy that corner.. but since he replaced the film it  is gone too as i wasnt happy about them.  as well as a quarter panel a vent window and those little windows on passenger doors that dont open that suvs have.

In all hes spent 7 1.2 hours on my Jeep.. although 3-4 of them he wouldnt have had to do if he just installed the tint right the first time.

Ill give him 5 stars on google and yelp.  I just wanted to be 100% positive i got ceramic and didnt get ripped off you know what i mean ? 

20170727_184548.jpg

20170727_184607.jpg

Those air gaps on the defroster are perfectly normal. It's where the lines raise the film off of the glass creating a pocket. The other is contamination that should've been dealt with for sure. I would say the ceramic does have a little more greenish hue to it vs the standard being more brown. Good on ya for giving the guys the review. Anyone who goes above and beyond to make their customer happy deserves one.

Well my brothers caamaro didnt have gaps on the heatig elements. Nore did my friends car. I understand my older vehicle might hsve thicker bars but still.

Here is a pic of the redone window. Sorry its raining out but you can see. No air gaps now.

He did a good job . And yes those pin sized air bubbles.. that pic doesnt show half of it.. thej whole window specially on the bottom had hundreds of them.. even my 66 year old mom said it looked like shit lol.. but 2nd time around its way better

20170729_141021.jpg

Archived