Did i get scammed ?? Sold me Ceramic tint, but im suspecting it isnt ceramic

1 hour ago, Jake said:

I just want to give props to the installer on this Jeep. From what the OP said it turned out great the second time around. If your not an installer you will have no idea what it takes to do a good job on this car. For what it's worth I would not take this in at my shop. It's just a business decisions for us. We stay busy and produce more revenue doing newer cars in the same time frame as it would take to do this. That being said I really dig the jeep.

As for color I would bet you have green or blue glass in your jeep. Back then most all glass was one or the other.

And to do it for the price that guy did is surprising. I'm not so busy I would turn it down but that wouldn't have been my price on it for sure. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea i got a good deal. Its a nice shop nice guys i hate to have made this thread questio ing the tint but i had too even you guys said it sounded suspicious. And yes the shop i went yoo to measure my tint % said he woulda charged 700 for my jeep.

But guys also have to remember i said he could slice my seals.. my interior seal he cut down at an angle which allowed him to clean and press the glass with his tools easier. And also keeping the tint from having gaps. If the seals were cut itd be hard to cut the tint to fit the glass perfectly i imagine

Ill take up close pics of the inside tomorrow. And the rear glass is almost dry now at least for the water bubbles..  the air gaps on the elements still are gone. It looks amazing

13 hours ago, candymancan said:

But guys also have to remember i said he could slice my seals.. my interior seal he cut down at an angle which allowed him to clean and press the glass with his tools easier. And also keeping the tint from having gaps. If the seals were cut itd be hard to cut the tint to fit the glass perfectly i imagine

This is the only proper way to tint this vehicle nicely, I wouldn't even ask my customer for permission to do this. I would just do it.

17 hours ago, Slick said:

Man....you are one of "those" customers.  Landscaping business slow?  How do you have all this time to whine on the internet?

Do you think i mow lawns at midnight ?  I make so much money i dont even have to work in the winter months.. lol

Are you Jelly ? Sounds like it.

11 hours ago, blackoutauto said:

This is the only proper way to tint this vehicle nicely, I wouldn't even ask my customer for permission to do this. I would just do it.

Well cutting seals without permission.. some gaskets arent made anymore and if you cause a leak in thr vehicle i can see you being taken to court lol.

First day i met the guy though i told him go ahead cut em.. Im not THAT oblivious to how this is done lol and im pretty laid back except when it comes to being scammed lol

11 hours ago, candymancan said:

Well cutting seals without permission.. some gaskets arent made anymore and if you cause a leak in thr vehicle i can see you being taken to court lol.

First day i met the guy though i told him go ahead cut em.. Im not THAT oblivious to how this is done lol and im pretty laid back except when it comes to being scammed lol

I don't think you understand how window tinting is actually done, most seals on many vehicles you only have to trim max 1/8th of an inch off the rubber on the inside, not the outside. We don't trim nearly enough to even make a difference. This barely effects the vehicle, since most rubber is half inch or up to a full inch thick. The only reason why they leak is old age and cracks ect.

I never commented on this forum to make a fuss about it. I simply just went on here to say you probably got the tint you asked for and the shop that did it did everything right. you never got scammed. 

The trimming on the vehicle is standard unless you want gaps of light on your glass. We don't have to ask permission to properly tint the customer vehicle.

Archived