Did i get scammed ?? Sold me Ceramic tint, but im suspecting it isnt ceramic

That window isn't anywhere near dry yet. I can still see the moisture in the photo. I suspect in the next couple days the end result will be the same on the defrost. All makes and models vary on how those will look in the end. Just glance around a parking lot and you'll see. If you come across a charger or Chrysler 300 take a look at those, they're usually horrible :lol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

Only thing I could guess is since it is 18 out of the box, it would be around 15 on the vehicle.  So maybe they are saying that number...doesn't make sense and too confusing to go that route, but a small possibility.  Even if they show you the box, still doesn't mean that is the box they used to install on your vehicle.

@jh812  @Jake  Does QDP Ceramic have a differently color hue to it than the rest?  If so, OP can add some photos to maybe guess.

Dynamic, I was just getting to the guy telling him they put 15 on the vehicle. Label will say 15 ceramic. If box has 15 on it, ceramic will not follow. He paid for ceramic. If box a a different percent, and something else, they didn't put 15 on it as they said. Either way, that would get him to the point of what he actually paid for and go from there. They obviously didn't tell him the truth in the first place if 15% ceramic isn't sold through global. 

1 hour ago, wade_660 said:

Nothing like trashing someone on the interwebz then realizing that you don't know what your talking about. Smh

Asking if i got ripped off isnt trashing.. there are a lot of shady fucks out there buddy.

And the shitty jib thry did the first install.

Yea the film was pealing off in corners on two peices of glass.. i could touch it and it felt like paper or dry plastic just floaying in the air wasnt even on the panels.. the peal was the size of a quarter on those panels.

And then the rear glass had hundreds of clear white pin bubbles on it to where even my elderly mom could tell they rushed or did a shitty job.

The only thing good is they fixed it by taking their time this go around.

So no i didnt trash talk i stated the truth. And asked if i got ripped off because global doesnt sell 15% ceramic They sell it as 20% with a technical spec of 18%.

So of course i got suspicious.. hell based on what i said half the ppl here thought it was fishy too.

As for my tint % i had it checked with a meter by another shop it said 14% on the windows.. 

When you guys talk about the (color) if film.. do you mean while looking through it on the outside or inside.

Driving tonight i noticed all thr cars with regular halogen lights thr tint looked distingtivly brown.. but during the day when standing outside the Jeep the tint looks greenish.. or objects through it look green.

Like a white pickup yesturday had a green hue to it.  As for hazyness look. I cant tell yet i hsvent wioed ny windows clean. They have w haze from being foggy from the moisture thwt sprayed on them.  I wanna let it dry fully before i detail my jeep.

Btw here is a pic of my Jeep. Before it had all clear windows.. old vehicles were nice and open with clear windows but damn it got hot inside. 

20170725_163424.jpg

I just want to give props to the installer on this Jeep. From what the OP said it turned out great the second time around. If your not an installer you will have no idea what it takes to do a good job on this car. For what it's worth I would not take this in at my shop. It's just a business decisions for us. We stay busy and produce more revenue doing newer cars in the same time frame as it would take to do this. That being said I really dig the jeep.

As for color I would bet you have green or blue glass in your jeep. Back then most all glass was one or the other.

On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 8:13 AM, jh812 said:

Imo the qdp and ceramic both look almost identical in photos at least. The qdp in person may have a slight brown appearance to it over the other. You know you can't trust a place called nc tint based out of Virginia :lol@DynamicAppearance

I think Global Ceramic is QDP that's upgraded  will a zillion coatings to make the ceramic transformation.  I have been wrong before. ....just saying 

Archived