Paint protection film on led tv screen

Hi,

Yesterday I was approached by a markting company that has an interactive game for children in a Led TV, placed in a shopping mall.

The screen is getting damaged with scratches and before it gets worse, he asked us to apply paint protection film.

My question is that I will not be able to make the application wet because I am afraid of soaking the TV. I think the application gel might be an alternative, but I do not have any supplier in my country that has available for delivery and I can not wait to get it from outside the country.

Will the screen cleaning gel be an option or will it have some component incompatible with the paint protection film?

Thanks in advance for helping.

Farrier

20622588_1890548467638933_866526743_o.jpg

@pro-tect mobile  you might be correct but it's not the same as a phone. Phones have actual glass.  Not all TV's have glass.  

Sometimes it's a coated plastic-ish material that is flexible.  

I would recommend a blister free film if it has to be covered. To try to insure no damage to the LED screen coating.  

Otherwise use an actual cover made of wood or metal with a piece of clear glass that can be covered or replaced.  

I once applied ppf to the screen of an Audi convertible at the customers request. I made a template and pre-cut to the correct shape so it was an easy install with the berest minimum, and I mean minimum, amount of slip.

When the customer drove the car out all was well then suddenly the sat nav screen picture went to be replaced by a load of multicoloured lines.

Long and short of it was that it cost the customer for a new sat nav as the tft screens are not sealed, fortunately he had watched me fit the film so knew I had used very little slip.

What I am saying in a long winded way is use a dry application film or walk away.

Steve    

Archived