Reducing Dust Contamination

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude put window down a few inches spray top of window put window up olfa  the sides and bottom razor scrape bottom half of window. put window down a bit razor top half spray window squeege. then squeege sides flush sides and bottom. soak window install window  and when you put the window up flush everything that was below the seal like super amounts of spraying tack it and done.

18 hours ago, infrasonic said:

Yup, I held the film with fingers on two corners

How would you carry the film tho if you wasnt touching the adhesive side?

Ahhh right will try that next time, just realized I didnt cleaned much on the edge where the glass ends

That's why I'm here looking help from the skilled people

Only got felt on the bottom, should I tape those?

Will try that next time, I have really short nails tho

If Toploading a door glass its kinda tough to not touch the glueside but bottom loading its sorta easy because you peel the whole liner off and get your hand on the backside of the film and finesse it into position and you wont have the dust specs that got there from your fingers

1. tape gaskets.  Yellow 3m body shop masking tape works great.  If it wont stick, used white gorilla duct tape. 

2.  when you need to flush any window use straight water, no soap in it.  Do a side by side test using straight water in one bottle and slip in another bottle.  you will clearly see how much better the straight water runs down the window much faster than the slip solution. 

3. Always clean the top of the window VERY good.

4. Use a bucket with a small amount of soap in the water to wash off your hands b4 you handle your tint.  This makes a huge difference in tinters having the same problem you are having. 

5.  Good luck

10 hours ago, redneckj said:

1. tape gaskets.  Yellow 3m body shop masking tape works great.  If it wont stick, used white gorilla duct tape. 

2.  when you need to flush any window use straight water, no soap in it.  Do a side by side test using straight water in one bottle and slip in another bottle.  you will clearly see how much better the straight water runs down the window much faster than the slip solution. 

3. Always clean the top of the window VERY good.

4. Use a bucket with a small amount of soap in the water to wash off your hands b4 you handle your tint.  This makes a huge difference in tinters having the same problem you are having. 

5.  Good luck

Good tips

Archived