Tractor Glass Removal Sequence

6 minutes ago, driftmaster said:

What are the rating someone gave me? Good or bad? How do they work?

Off to the right of other people's post is a green up arrow. If someone likes or appreciates that post they can click that to add a point to your 'reputation'.  Only up votes are possible. If you see a down arrow, you have already liked that post, but have the option to remove your like vie the red down arrow. 

You will not see the arrow on your own posts.

6 minutes ago, TintDude said:

Off to the right of other people's post is a green up arrow. If someone likes or appreciates that post they can click that to add a point to your 'reputation'.  Only up votes are possible. If you see a down arrow, you have already liked that post, but have the option to remove your like vie the red down arrow. 

You will not see the arrow on your own posts.

Very cool, I like this site even better now. Hope I can give a little something back.

I always take those out and charge accordingly.  I also have enough sense to account for the torque area to prevent the twist.  Tractors are in dusty fields all day and build up an immense amount of dust.  No way can anyone tint one of those and have a professional install without glass removal imho unless it's a new unit.

Take a pressure washer to them. If you put enough torque on the boltt to hold the glass in its going to twist, go back and look at some of your work. 

No one can tell me something is to dusty. One of my accounts is Granite Mountain Quarries they're one of the largest Quarry operations in the World. They tint control Towers, track hoes, large T-Rex dump trucks the kind you don't drive on the street, blasting machine, cranes, personal trucks, company trucks, road graders, bulldozers and much more, every piece of equipment they own. They crush big rocks in the little rocks and there's fine silt dust as fine as baby powder everywhere and on everything. The first time I went out there to bid jobs in 1992. I thought I don't want this account. So a $1,500 normal bid was over 5 thousand, they said "when can you get started".   Long story short, I learned how to work with dust and lots of it. The sooner one stop making excuses, the sooner one gets the job finished.

The tinting business is not about pleasing yourself, it's about pleasing the customer.  I quit doing this for fun a long time ago.

Archived