No more Ford Fusions!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jh812 said:

Did you try just yanking that mirror off or did you use a tool? 

The sides the seals pull out, you don't have to remove the bolt behind the pull handle but I do. It makes going in easier. 

If you remove the bolt make sure you pry from the front of the cover not towards the rear like most vehicles. If you do those will break. 

As for the rear deck kinda depends on the car if it needs to be slid or not. Most are ok but I think the hybrid are the ones that typically need to be slid some. 

If you have to do that there are a few clips underneath the side panels that cover up the airbag system. 

@Aesop_Rock

I yanked it :facepalm2 ordered the tool right after i ordered the new windshield.  The replacement windshield was way cheaper than I thought it was going to be so that made me feel a bit better. Never had a problem with other cars or even other fords. Did a 2017 explorer the other day and it was cake removing the mirror. But that one was a different setup than the Fusion.

Archived