2017 gti all trek wagon

Cascobaytint

Pull up on the middle piece by getting a tool under it enough to get your fingers behind the plastic

the center piece should come off pretty much straight towards you

once that's off you can get your fingers under the side panels pretty easily and just pull toward the center of the window

should come right off

reinstall is tricky but making sure the top (top when the hatch is open) alignment tab is going in straight will get you onto the clips lining up 

its a really easy removal and helps tons for installing the film because you're right they are tight

Edited by FondyTints

I just did this car yesterday. Bg is tight but you can get it in without removing panels. The front doors sweeps are easy to take out. Just pop the top of the panel and pull them out. By far the hardest window was the front quarter windows. Very small opening but I was able to get a scrubbie in there to clean and just use my pump spray bottle to hose it. If you curl the pattern you can get it in there. The Tri-edge reach is the only tool i could use to squeegee. Once the film is in there i can see no way that you can remove it with removal of that small quarter glass.