File window tools / blades files sandpaper??

One milllllion dollars :quote

Generally 35 dollars but tintdude peeps get a better price. I will just give you one to help you learn :beer

PM me your mailing address.  I'm already headed to the airport area to catch a early flight in the morning to Saint Louis. Teaching a auto tinting class there next week. Soon as I get back I'll get it out to you. I think you might benefit from the 14 DVD Learning Library. Got a good TD discount on those. Let me know!

Cheers

3 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

One milllllion dollars :quote

Generally 35 dollars but tintdude peeps get a better price. I will just give you one to help you learn :beer

PM me your mailing address.  I'm already headed to the airport area to catch a early flight in the morning to Saint Louis. Teaching a auto tinting class there next week. Soon as I get back I'll get it out to you. I think you might benefit from the 14 DVD Learning Library. Got a good TD discount on those. Let me know!

Cheers

Thanks  send me shaving video I will drop you a gift in the mail for helping me out...its worth it!!!

7 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

I Shave um with a exacto using #11 blade. Deep edges I trim the corners a little so the hidden part is micro edge.

I sell a hour long video on shaving. ..just saying :beer

Helps you get the angle down for a great edge watching then practice,  practice and practice. 

Does the exacto get dull or can you sharpen it?

23 hours ago, DOOTINT said:

Learn to cut/place a nice pattern and you dont need a file?

And how are you supposed to file the deep back corners? But maybe possible with a super thin fine craftsmen ignition file to some degree

Yep ignition file 

IMG_7512.JPG

I have never filed tint edges because(never heard of that) and i can cut/place pretty good but shaved a few(olfa or redot) that were past the top edge=bad placement and or poor lighting/vent visors blocking light/rushing/need glasses lol etc

If i got $100 per door glass? Maybe i would file the edge lol

Little Fine metal file this is and i probly would say dont use course files for tint shaving

Nobody files ignition points anymore either and most dont know what they are and not even on any modern engines anymore but its a nice little file if you do small engine rebuilding or deburring small stuff

20170924_083647.jpg

Edited by DOOTINT

13 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

Everyone likes um different.  Some people like a new blade every car and some like me they work best with a old rusty blade. Blades are about 8 cents each so pretty cheap. 

Cheers. 

I can blade shave or file but only if they ask. I use those thin carbon blades in my olfa for cutting the top, i've been playing around with using the back of the thin carbon blade in a firm sawing action to shave the edge.