38'' & 22"

1 hour ago, TQtinting said:

:rollinok cause I was thinking there's no way shrinking side to side is going to work Lol. Alright, makes sense now! :thumb

Well I've actually heard of people doing that but you need a 60" roll for most vehicles. Think I've seen one video on it but it seemed like a lot of aggravation. 

I’ve been wondering how to deal with a 60” roll for windshields. EWF sells either a 60” or 30” in ceramic. I️ don’t think 30 will be enough and can’t fathom the waste with a 60” roll. Any of you guys ever deal with this?

3 hours ago, wade_660 said:

I’ve been wondering how to deal with a 60” roll for windshields. EWF sells either a 60” or 30” in ceramic. I️ don’t think 30 will be enough and can’t fathom the waste with a 60” roll. Any of you guys ever deal with this?

What film in particular are you referring to for windshields? 

On F250s I turn my 40" roll sideways and also shrink sideways towards the factory edges.  I realize some people don't shrink these at all, but this is my method and I've never had a finger!  Out of habit I shrink every door glass no matter what.

Edited by Apex Tint

On 11/7/2017 at 0:12 PM, TQtinting said:

Anyone out there that orders 60" rolls and has them cut down in a 38" and a 22" ? If so do you ever run into any BG or windshield problems with the 38? Where I live it's the land of the Chevrolet, so the 22" would be a great way for me to utilize my film. 

Also, does anyone ever use 15% for color matches on certain vehicles? 

20'' rolls do silverado trucks all day long hand cutting.