Tinting over Rear Privacy Glass

19 hours ago, no ma'am said:

pull the film, quit focusing on the numbers and just have em roll out a piece on the window on the outside/uncut. :dunno pick from there. 

Then it'll be a waste of money if it makes little difference.

I was told by a guy that does tint that it would make little difference between 35/40% down to 30%.

20% over the factory 20% did not allow me to see out back at night and 35% over the factory 20% still allows glare from headlights behind me. So maybe theres no happy medium here....one or the other I guess.

I wish I couldve seen samples of different shades of film over the factory privacy glass from the get go. I've had a hard time finding examples online of different shades of tint over privacy glass like people have done examples over clear glass.

Edited by asdaven

Hate to rain on the parade or pore salt on a wound ...

Today's automotive privacy glass performs in the same neighborhood as windows films discussed; save the UV reduction is a tad lower at 95+%. Any benefit from the addition of window film is a very slight bump in solar energy rejection, a lowering of visible light transmission/glare reduction numbers and practically zeroing out any UV transmission.