Covering up 3rd brake lamp

On 2/10/2018 at 7:12 AM, DynamicATL said:

Yeah, if it is part of inspection I would give the customer the option letting them know the possibility of having to redo it.  Luckily GA does not have these inspections I honestly don't think I would live in a state that did...can't do a double license plate state either.  Need my front end clean.  :lol

CA is a front license state....and limo in the rear is legal...no tint on front windows is legal.....the cops use the license and tint excuse to pull people over

It a safety thing. Would you drive with out a seatbelt? Thanks for putting us all at risk . Buy covering up the third brake light..There for safety people. That's what there for to save life's. When seconds count and the :salutewell being of a  family is in hand. Im using everything that is provided. We should never put the community or ourselves at risk !!

It a safety thing. Would you drive with out a seatbelt? Thanks for putting us all at risk . Buy covering up the third brake light..There for safety people. That's what there for to save life's. When seconds count and the :salutewell being of a  family is in hand. Im using everything that is provided. We should never put the community or ourselves at risk !!

That’s why you have taillights, in no way covering a third brake light is putting anyone at risk. If you are relying on a third brake light to tell you to stop and not all of the lights on the rear of a car lighting up, then you need to turn in your license sell your car and take public transportation because you shouldn’t be behind a wheel in the first place

Yea.Tell that to someone who lost a loved one sitting at a red light and been ran into by some jerk who wasn't paying attention. Drinking.smoking .texting.

3 hours ago, Tintmaster08 said:

That’s why you have taillights, in no way covering a third brake light is putting anyone at risk. If you are relying on a third brake light to tell you to stop and not all of the lights on the rear of a car lighting up, then you need to turn in your license sell your car and take public transportation because you shouldn’t be behind a wheel in the first place

When some tinter covered  up the light witch could of and should of been seen .  A split second can make the difference.

Your telling me that the light don't matter . That's why in 1986 is was standard on all passengers cars and 1994 all trucks .

It a federal motor vehicle. standard.!

I sleep good at night knowing im not responsible for doing something so petty. 

So sorry about it. Dont take it so personal. As for me thanks ill just take a 🚌. Your response is funny. Ha ha. Its safety.Frist 

15 hours ago, Saved! said:

Yea.Tell that to someone who lost a loved one sitting at a red light and been ran into by some jerk who wasn't paying attention. Drinking.smoking .texting.

When some tinter covered  up the light witch could of and should of been seen .  A split second can make the difference.

Your telling me that the light don't matter . That's why in 1986 is was standard on all passengers cars and 1994 all trucks .

It a federal motor vehicle. standard.!

I sleep good at night knowing im not responsible for doing something so petty. 

So sorry about it. Dont take it so personal. As for me thanks ill just take a 🚌. Your response is funny. Ha ha. Its safety.Frist 

Your argument may be valid if covering the third brake light made it opaque. But the light is still clearly visible through the window film when lit. Even with 5% the light will shine through. 

On 2/9/2018 at 9:52 PM, DynamicATL said:

100% cover it up...I have never seen a vehicle with the 3rd brake light cutout that looked good.  Some states it is illegal, but I would still do it in those states.  Also when shopping around, if the shop uses a plotter to cut the tint, ask them about of it.  I see most of the jobs with the 3rd brake light cutout coming from plotter shops.

Co we them all. Led’s Show right through 

So what your saying is you break the law. That's a good thing. Also  that you can see it even with tint covering it. Even with 5%.ok. That's a good point. That if you cut around it you don't know how to tint. That i must use a plotter. What would be wrong with that? Sorry i got 30 exp. I must be a hack. That's why where the must expensive shop in our state.