ferrari F12 hood

11 hours ago, STEK HOWARD said:

Thanks for sharing that Metropolitan Detail. Our film does have incredible stretch because of our unique manufacturing process, allows you to go further with a 60” than many think possible. Hood looks great! 

Can you give us some real world numbers please??  on a 60 inch roll can you stretch it an extra 10% or 20% further before stretch marks start appearing?  

Thanks,  Josh

On 4/6/2018 at 9:09 PM, JoshVette said:

Can you give us some real world numbers please??  on a 60 inch roll can you stretch it an extra 10% or 20% further before stretch marks start appearing?  

Thanks,  Josh

It was a 60" roll of Dynoshield.  I measured the F12 to be about 66" wide and 66" long.  Maybe it was slightly shorter but I didn't get particular, I knew it was to small and that was the way it was going to be.  Nothing about making film larger than it is is easy, but at least the car was black so it would be extremely tough:ppdance

After looking at it for a few days while getting the fenders, bumper and rockers wrapped I decided to go for it.  Cut 72" off the roll of STEK Dynoshield and lay it across the hood.  It was short and it was really short, and a funny pointy triangle at the portion where it meets the hood, call it the hood tips if you will.  This was going to be the stretch point, not the tack point.  Lay the film bridging the bumper about 1", now your film is 7.5" short, its your lucky day this hood just got more challenging, as your funny hood tips just got even more oddly shaped, but thats okay Dynoshield will stretch and stick and not crack.  the stretch marks and lift lines are a product of the installer not the film JOSHVETTE.  I managed to get no stretch marks but in one area did get a small line where the film tried to creep on me, but I WON!!  Tack the film to the bumper like I said and stretch each corner towards the mirror, and if you fail try again, it can be done and it can look great.  if you use two pieces of film to learn, be positive and happy you didn't use THREE pieces.  I got lucky and used one piece.  Once you stretch the film and need to press down the scoops make sure that when you trim your reliefs that you don't cut it short, cause when you press it into the tunnel it will shrink .

hope this helped good luck

, I wish this hood on no one, but at least I can help.

Benjamin

don't worry so much about numbers, just play with the film and don't be afraid to throw away film if its not right.  if you're getting stretch marks you are lifting the film, don't lift and you won't have stretch marks.  numbers don't stretch film, YOU DO!!!