ferrari F12 hood

First time for me to run into a hood that is just to big to do in one piece.. is there a brand thats sells  wider rolls then the 60" ? 

Or how can i make an "invisible"transfer between 2 pieces without scratching the paint ????

3 piece here.... edged wrapped too... done in bulk

the hood corners by the windshield have a small piece ,  what i usually do , i use a scrap piece that has the straight line from the roll , so it matches with the straight line from the main hood piece. i try line them up so is no gap...

f12a.jpg

f12b.jpg

sweet ! thx PRatx,

this was my idea off solving the issue as well ;)

the client claimed they did it in one piece at the ferrari dealer and wanted  it no other way to be done .. 

cocky as I am assured him we would be able to get the job done. tried 4 times to stretch the distance cause if they can do it .. but almost turned into the hulk instead !

After some research I found the guy that does the installs for that dealership who told me he did it in 4 pieces ! middle part behind the breathing hole - the v that surrounds it -and the 2 sides as separate parts . " with invisible cuts right below the existing lines on the hood" 

never seen his work but have my doubts about ... while wondering how the paint looks like after removing the film..

That is a lot of joins over the bonnet, plenty to go wrong there. Best to do as PRatx says, that way you only have two small joins at the very back edge of the bonnet.

Steve

Thanks for sharing that Metropolitan Detail. Our film does have incredible stretch because of our unique manufacturing process, allows you to go further with a 60” than many think possible. Hood looks great! 

Edited by STEK HOWARD