2019 Jetta

Very Easy car. It is similar to a Passat, but you don't need a screwdriver or need to remove any trim panels as the tops pop up and out of the seals like other VWs.

Only thing to watch out for is the panels are clad, like a new F150, so need to be careful you don't pull the cladding off the panel. It feels like they are held on by weak plastic welds.

Have to fold down the rear seatbacks to tint rear glass because of integrated headrests, but we can't get the rear deck center seatbelt to unwind to put the seat back up. Anyone know how to unlock the belt so it will allow more belt to come out. Owners manual says it locks like that for child seat use and must be disengaged for normal use again, but they don't tell ya how to disengage it, at least I can't find it. Never had issues with any other years on the jetta with this.

With the exception of folding down the rear seats for the headrests do you also need to remove the rear deck tray as well? I used to on the previous model just to make it super easy but not sure if you need to on the new one. Haven’t seen one yet and have a new one on the schedule. 

2 hours ago, Ridler said:

With the exception of folding down the rear seats for the headrests do you also need to remove the rear deck tray as well? I used to on the previous model just to make it super easy but not sure if you need to on the new one. Haven’t seen one yet and have a new one on the schedule. 

I have done probably 100 of these with out pulling the rear deck. Passat and Jetta. The last couple I have pulled the deck, and will be doing so from now on. I feel its worth the extra time.