2018 toyota camry door panels???

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:23 PM, CaliTINT said:

Wow! How do you store all these patterns? We use cut up card board boxes and make them into huge folders and most recently I place the patterns in a marked separate file (toyota, honda, audi, etc.) and then placed into the cardboard folder. I don't have each car, each year separated so it's kind of annoying looking for the template lol

We use old paper towel cores and roll them up including shield strip patterns. We use old 40" film boxes and mark them as honda/dodge/lexus etc....   Will follow up with a pics later

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:55 PM, quality tintz said:

Wow kool the human plotter....!!! Are the patterns on clear liners ???

Yea they are the clear liners that I pull off on the 1st vehicle I do, for example..... The new 18 Camrys/whenever there is a new body style we have to "make the patters" which means hand cut. Save the liners off everything tinted (4doors, qtrs., rear window, shield strips, sunroofs) and use next time that car comes in. I always keep the 4 doors but I usually only use the driver side templates because I hand cut the passenger side, make necessary adjustments to the driver side and then use that one in the future.

I also keep at least 2-3 versions of the rear window, just in case you need to "sweat off" a rear window. The template works perfect! possibly better than a garbage bag!!!

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, quality tintz said:

Ok how do you cut top edge on car or on peel board or do you shave everything??? On side windows...

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:02 PM, CaliTINT said:

I keep easy ones because instead of cutting on the car I can double cut some of them and also less risk of scratches on windows. 

So if you have the "Perfect Pattern", which most of the ones I have made are pretty dead on, then it makes for very quick cutting (arguably faster and certainly more accurate than plotters). All you have to do is pull your 2 pieces (one for passenger side rear and driver side rear) put them together (opposite of each other because you are double cutting) and take it over to the vehicle and cut JUST the top edge (the only edge that is seen and needs to be a perfect cut). Then I take it back to my cutting table, line up the top edge of the pattern on the piece I just cut, take a strait edge to each side and bottom round corners and there is your pattern. I have timed myself cutting every window and can usually have everything cut in ~6-8 min (assuming it is a simple car like most 4 doors) stuck on peel boards ready to go (including rear which I just free hand). I have used a plotter before and I agree that it is fast, but it comes with issues like top edges not fitting perfectly, a little bit of static or one bad cut and then you have wasted 36" of film, and the dreaded weeding time.... I don't have any of these problems especially the wasting film, which you can be very attentive to using patters.

7 hours ago, 6aeten said:

So if you have the "Perfect Pattern", which most of the ones I have made are pretty dead on, then it makes for very quick cutting (arguably faster and certainly more accurate than plotters). All you have to do is pull your 2 pieces (one for passenger side rear and driver side rear) put them together (opposite of each other because you are double cutting) and take it over to the vehicle and cut JUST the top edge (the only edge that is seen and needs to be a perfect cut). Then I take it back to my cutting table, line up the top edge of the pattern on the piece I just cut, take a strait edge to each side and bottom round corners and there is your pattern. I have timed myself cutting every window and can usually have everything cut in ~6-8 min (assuming it is a simple car like most 4 doors) stuck on peel boards ready to go (including rear which I just free hand). I have used a plotter before and I agree that it is fast, but it comes with issues like top edges not fitting perfectly, a little bit of static or one bad cut and then you have wasted 36" of film, and the dreaded weeding time.... I don't have any of these problems especially the wasting film, which you can be very attentive to using patters.

Thanks that's how I double cut sometimes I put the pattern on the top of the window on the opposite side and just cut the top Edge and then use the pattern from the driver or passenger window