2018 toyota camry door panels???

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, CaliTINT said:

I keep the template for future use

Keep one set of templates for EVERY vehicle.. im talking all 4 doors each qtr and rear glass.... mark each one, ie front driver, 36x18, panels 2 screws easy,..... store until needed next time that car comes in....

I have patterns for every car/truck I have done since since '85-'90.... makes window tinting life sooo much easier

6 hours ago, 6aeten said:

Keep one set of templates for EVERY vehicle.. im talking all 4 doors each qtr and rear glass.... mark each one, ie front driver, 36x18, panels 2 screws easy,..... store until needed next time that car comes in....

I have patterns for every car/truck I have done since since '85-'90.... makes window tinting life sooo much easier

Wow! How do you store all these patterns? We use cut up card board boxes and make them into huge folders and most recently I place the patterns in a marked separate file (toyota, honda, audi, etc.) and then placed into the cardboard folder. I don't have each car, each year separated so it's kind of annoying looking for the template lol

7 hours ago, 6aeten said:

Wow kool the human plotter....!!! Are the patterns on clear liners ???

Edited by quality tintz

23 minutes ago, quality tintz said:

Wow kool the human plotter....!!! Are the patterns on clear liners ???

I keep patterns off of the clear liners and mark the year/make/model. It does go for a faster job and less guessing if the pattern is accurate.

12 hours ago, CaliTINT said:

I keep patterns off of the clear liners and mark the year/make/model. It does go for a faster job and less guessing if the pattern is accurate.

Ok how do you cut top edge on car or on peel board or do you shave everything??? On side windows...

Edited by quality tintz

10 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Ok how do you cut top edge on car or on peel board or do you shave everything??? On side windows...

Oh let me clarify. I don't keep templates for the doors like @6aeten does. Not sure how he does that. I keep them for mostly quarter windows, some side ones (even easy ones) and some back glass (like wranglers, 3 piece Tacoma, etc.). I keep easy ones because instead of cutting on the car I can double cut some of them and also less risk of scratches on windows. 

5 minutes ago, CaliTINT said:

Oh let me clarify. I don't keep templates for the doors like @6aeten does. Not sure how he does that. I keep them for mostly quarter windows, some side ones (even easy ones) and some back glass (like wranglers, 3 piece Tacoma, etc.). I keep easy ones because instead of cutting on the car I can double cut some of them and also less risk of scratches on windows. 

We used to do that at the first shop I worked for. (B.P. - before plotter). Back then, trucks mostly had pop out 1/4’s or vents, but we’d save anything that didn’t roll up and down. We’d adjust until everyone agreed that was the best possible pattern and then it would usually get cut onto a piece of limo. So if you were digging for a pattern and found a piece of limo lumped in with the clear liners- you definitely traced that one. Haven’t thought about that in years! Those dang patterns were everywhere, the place had been open 15-20 yrs when I started, and there were 8 of us tinting at that time- I’m sure you can imagine how fast your clear liner patterns can accumulate!

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, Super Dave said:

We used to do that at the first shop I worked for. (B.P. - before plotter). Back then, trucks mostly had pop out 1/4’s or vents, but we’d save anything that didn’t roll up and down. We’d adjust until everyone agreed that was the best possible pattern and then it would usually get cut onto a piece of limo. So if you were digging for a pattern and found a piece of limo lumped in with the clear liners- you definitely traced that one. Haven’t thought about that in years! Those dang patterns were everywhere, the place had been open 15-20 yrs when I started, and there were 8 of us tinting at that time- I’m sure you can imagine how fast your clear liner patterns can accumulate!

Yes its pretty awesome keeping the patterns. I never used a plotter yet. But even I did a Tacoma today and had the patterns for the 3 piece rear window which took like a few minutes to cut out without having to cut on the truck, put up a light, clean the outside of the windows, etc. saves time in my book. 

But yeah I can imagine how many patterns you guys had!!! :lol

15 minutes ago, CaliTINT said:

Yes its pretty awesome keeping the patterns. I never used a plotter yet. But even I did a Tacoma today and had the patterns for the 3 piece rear window which took like a few minutes to cut out without having to cut on the truck, put up a light, clean the outside of the windows, etc. saves time in my book. 

But yeah I can imagine how many patterns you guys had!!! :lol

Yup some of those work trucks and farm truck back rear windows are nasty...sucks holding light by yourself...