09 Altima re-tint with CTX, Stratos, Crystalline, XPel XR Plus

4 minutes ago, mr.lee008 said:

I called them and they told me they dont do F1 stratos i wonder why I'll call then again and see. 

When I called, it was a lady that I spoke with. She said the Pinnacle was $269 and Stratos was $399. For windshield the Stratos 70 was $199.

26 minutes ago, FAUguy said:

This was on another site, someone made an Excel file showing the different tint specs. Shows Stratos 15 as 63% TSER and Crystalline 20 as 62% TSER.

Tint specs

There are more variables than just the numbers.  As S2S said Crystalline reflects the NIR while Stratos absorbs it.  Without the vehicle in motion or air blowing on the vehicle, you may feel the radiating heat from the glass with Stratos which you will not from Crystalline.  In the end though, if you feel the shop that has Pinnacle/Stratos is a better fit for you go with that one.  If the Crystalline shop seems to be more confident and has a chance of doing a better install, go with that one.  Right now we are arguing do you want a car that tops out at 220 or one at 250...either way very fast vehicles.

13 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

There are more variables than just the numbers.  As S2S said Crystalline reflects the NIR while Stratos absorbs it.  Without the vehicle in motion or air blowing on the vehicle, you may feel the radiating heat from the glass with Stratos which you will not from Crystalline.  In the end though, if you feel the shop that has Pinnacle/Stratos is a better fit for you go with that one.  If the Crystalline shop seems to be more confident and has a chance of doing a better install, go with that one.  Right now we are arguing do you want a car that tops out at 220 or one at 250...either way very fast vehicles.

Agreed ... and thanks for the clearer description of differences. I can complicate to confusion at times. :nervous:thumb

One thing that I had read is that Crystalline isn't as durable as other films, such as Stratos/Pinnacle and Huper Optiks. 

I have seen the Crystalline CR20 in person last week, and it has a brown hue when looking through the sample.

I still have to drive up to West Palm Beach to look at the Stratos and Pinnacle there.

14 minutes ago, FAUguy said:

I'm also trying to see who does Huper Optiks in my area and what the price would be.

Huper Ceramic is another great film on the same playing field.  IMO Crystalline had higher real-world experience when I switched it on one of my vehicles.  I didn't initially say anything about it to our tinter, but when he swapped his out he felt the exact same way.  Keep in mind if you are going off that spreadsheet, the higher numbers are Huper Ceramic 5% and 15%.  Due to the thickness of this film, it is extremely difficult to install those shades and most dealers won't even try.  The first shade that is easily installed is the 30% so chances are you wouldn't be going any darker than that.  Now if you want a 35% that will beat them all, you can check out Huper Drei.  This is another more difficult option to install but will have higher than the other films.