Newbie after some help

So I've tinted a few basic things in my time (a couple fairly flat van windows) and got decent results even though I was using cheapo film from Halfords (I believe this compares to AutoZone or Harbour Freight in the US). The other day I went to tint my Fiesta with the same stuff and got it pretty much perfect on the side windows (dot matrix sticks out a bit too much, but I'm not arsed about that). However I'm struggling to do the back at all as the film just creases up as I run the squeegee over it once being heated. I believe it's mostly down to the fact I need better film, but I also need to dial the heat control in a bit better also. The glass on the Fiesta is ridiculously curvy (I believe so anyway).

Does anyone on here know where I can buy decent film in the UK without having to be a business? Yes I realise this gets asked all the time, but never any that are available across the pond. I don't need anything like a 60"x100' roll, but just enough for a few cars at a time. Honestly I just don't want to pay some guy £200 for a job I know I can learn how to do. Even if it costs me £200 this time, I will have the skill then to do another car for hopefully less than half the price...

Oh and btw I have scrolled through the forum and tried to find Solar FX, express films etc. but they are non-existent over here.

Edited by Luke4efc

16 minutes ago, blackoutauto said:

You have to shrink the film before you apply it. It's a skill that take a long time to master. I wouldn't exactly blame the film. I can still make cheap film look good.

Try to google shrinking back window tint

Yes sorry should've been a bit clearer before. I put the film on the outside after spraying the surface with soapy water before trying to shrink. I've since read about using a soap bar and letting the lather dry on the glass before drawing an H pattern with a damp cloth. Perhaps that may be where I was going wrong as it did just feel like I was pushing water around when shrinking last time.

You hear the "pros" say that it's all about the film but I've always had the feeling that it's just a trade secret to reduce competition from new businesses.

I'm a bit like a dog after a bone when it comes to this sort of stuff; I end up getting frustrated and keep going till I'm happy with it.

15 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Yes sorry should've been a bit clearer before. I put the film on the outside after spraying the surface with soapy water before trying to shrink. I've since read about using a soap bar and letting the lather dry on the glass before drawing an H pattern with a damp cloth. Perhaps that may be where I was going wrong as it did just feel like I was pushing water around when shrinking last time.

You hear the "pros" say that it's all about the film but I've always had the feeling that it's just a trade secret to reduce competition from new businesses.

I'm a bit like a dog after a bone when it comes to this sort of stuff; I end up getting frustrated and keep going till I'm happy with it.

Sometimes the baby powder instead of soap or dryer sheets is better for a novice. I still use baby powder on the glass when i shrink the back glass then after i'm done i'll spray the glass under the film with slip and then also do a wet shrink where i look for fingers, this way if the fingers pop up on the outside when it's wet then you'll see them also on the inside when it's wet and being installed. 

As for film i agree with @no ma'am Garware makes products worldwide, just different names like the films you mentioned are made by garware. Some of us favor Garware manufactured products. 

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll check out Garware later and see if I get around to trying to tint the back window again over the weekend and hopefully either get some pictures or video what I'm doing.

Also the stuff I was using is made by Simply if that makes any difference (Link here). Scratch that. It costs about £2.50 from Amazon for 1.5m (5ft). I'm sure that means it's really good quality :lol

I've searched ebay and found some that claims to be SunTek - Link. However I don't believe it's genuine stuff so hesitant to buy it.

Edited by Luke4efc