Issues with Film Design software.

InnerBanksTinting

Hi guys and gals. So I just got the new computer cut system in the shop (Film Vinyl Designs). Went from all hand cut to being computer cut. WOW!! Major learning curve. My question is this. A lot of my patterns the tops do not line up. AT ALL!!!! The top edges are way off. Im talking like all the way to the top in the center of the window and about and 1/8th to a 1/4 inch gap towards the corners. Have you guys had this trouble? Im having most of my issues with the fords. 250's and 150's to be exact. Was completely shocked to spend this amount of money and have to hand cut all of the tops. Is it me or have you guys seen this? I have also had a couple where the film is too short by about a 1/4 inch. It leaves a light gap at the bottom. Especially if you use the short version. Im at a loss. Is there better software than this or is this "the best". Im not knocking the company at all. I just want to make sure its not me. Or if anyone else is having the issue. Thanks for the help.

They're far from the best for sure. I used them earlier this year and quickly switched. I originally started with computer cut and their patterns were way better with very little complaints other than the pricy penalty for not buying their film. I hear good things about dap (I think it's called) from xpel. Maybe give those guys a shout to try.

Edited by jh812

Like JH812 said, they are on the lower end of pattern designs.  I tried it for a week and decided to stick with computercut.  DAP is probably one of the best you can use, but it comes with a price as well.  I've used computercut for almost 12 years now and they're pretty consistent.   Computercuts customer service is very good, anytime I have any issues I email them and they respond within a day or so and they fix the patterns constantly to keep the quality up.  The ppf patterns on computercut have been getting better each year and now have most of the same patterns that DAP offers.  I will stand by computercut and their service for sure.

FVD patterns aren't the best, but I find the Ford windows to be really accurate. Just have to position them properly to left or right.

I haven't used many other programs, but FVD has been my favourite, so far, for creating custom patterns quickly and easily. 

20181015_114209.jpg.1458b3daf806dcf8ea375c88e150c05c.jpg

Is there a better program for custom designs? I found Precision Cut was absolutely impossible to use. TINTtek just didn't have as many tools.

FVD patterns aren't the best, but I find the Ford windows to be really accurate. Just have to position them properly to left or right.

I haven't used many other programs, but FVD has been my favourite, so far, for creating custom patterns quickly and easily. 

20181015_114209.jpg.1458b3daf806dcf8ea375c88e150c05c.jpg

Is there a better program for custom designs? I found Precision Cut was absolutely impossible to use. TINTtek just didn't have as many tools.