Fading Question*

5 hours ago, Long027 said:

Im just curious if i where to install solar Fx 5% classic black non-color stable film how long will it take to fade purple. State. Nebraska.

Carbon fx is nice film  from solar fx that's what im using now and vintage is good a little cheaper.... I think it is called vintage right guys ???

20 hours ago, Long027 said:

Im just curious if i where to install solar Fx 5% classic black non-color stable film how long will it take to fade purple. State. Nebraska.

I put 20% Classic Series Black, which is their cheapest 5 year warranty film, on my truck front windows to test it out i think 3 years ago and it hasn't faded or changed color at all. I looked at the edge of the glass at the top where it gets hidden by the gasket when the window is closed and there's no color change or fade, i love it's black color and great clarity. Another tint dude told me he had it on his car for 4 years and no fade or color issues. We're all told to stay away from 1 ply or cheaper films, but this stuff is better than some of the 2 ply out there, it lays down great on dot matrix and defrosters because it's thinner, and the clarity is amazing. I really have no complaints about the product at all, i rarely use it because i suck at shrinking/installing 1 ply and sell mostly SolarFX's CarbonFX. I should note that your results may vary if your down South, i'm in the chilly Northeast.

Edited by Tint Slayer

6 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Carbon fx is nice film  from solar fx that's what im using now and vintage is good a little cheaper.... I think it is called vintage right guys ???

I don't think Vintage and Prime are color stable. I think he'd want UltraFX or CarbonFX if he was looking for no fade.

Hey Long, just thought I’d chime in here and give you a comment. All of our window films use 4th Gen dyes, including our Classic series. We have been using this film for over 5 years in the hottest climates in the USA with ZERO complaints of turning purple.

If you have any additional questions give me a call at 800-825-3746 and I’ll answer them as I can. I can also give the number of a guy in Omaha who has been using the Classic series for 5 years so you can hear it from an actual user of the film.

Thanks,
Shawn

1 hour ago, quality tintz said:

Nice i wanna try ultra...is it good any body use it....

if you're using CarbonFX it's basically the same level film with a different hue. Ultra is charcoal, CarbonFX is black. Like same install but different tone.

Edited by Tint Slayer