Llumar vs F1 pricing and performance question

Can someone explain to me the difference between the two and is one that much better than the other.  Also I was reading some forums and people in 2014 were saying they could get Llumar CTX for $270...  The only shop near me offering Llumar has ATX for 299 and 399 for the CTX ceramic.  I live in the Northern Virginia area which is one of the most expensive in the country.  Are these good prices in 2018 or should i look elsewhere?  Also open to other brand suggestions ( I have an offer for 3m color stable for 275 but unsure about its quality).

The prices will vary depending on the area so I cant comment on that part. However you are on the right track. Both Llumar and F1 products are great. The most important is finding a good installer you can trust and feel comfortable with. The CTX is in a completely different class the 3m color stable so its not the greatest comparison.

The 3M colorstable will be in the same class as the Llumar ATC and F1 Classic series.

I do recommend the CTX or Pinnacle.

Llumar ATC is the same film as Classic and Llumar ATR is the same film as Comfort.  Llumar CTX is the first generation Formula One Pinnacle.  The current Formula One Pinnacle is the second generation.  The main difference between these two is Pinnacle will have a touch more heat rejection and all Formula One films will have a transferable warranty.  There is no current film called ATX.  3M Color Stable is a Carbon film which is an upgrade if you are looking at Llumar ATC or ATR.  Llumar CTX or Formula One Pinnacle are Ceramic films that would be an upgrade from 3M CS blocking more heat.

Yes, I meant to say ATR not ATX I was getting confused.  So for 399 you think its worth getting CTX over 275 for the color stable?  125 isnt going to break the bank for me and the only next option is to pay 600 for 3m crystalline which just seems overpriced to me for a window tint.  Im not even that concerned with heat reduction im 24 years old I am more interested in the quality and the look than anything.  But if 125 extra is a significant upgrade than by all means im interested in the CTX.

I have another quote of Pinnacle series for 389 (definitely would do that over 399 for CTX since you said its 2nd gen) and I have a suntek CIR (ceramic) quote for 270.  Not sure about suntek as a brand i hear good things but i dont hear things like industry best like i do with llumar.

to be very honest most the prices you have been quoted in my opinion is very cheap. Crystalline products in my area on an average vehicle will be 1000 bucks. If you're looking to get a great product you're already on track. Just compare the shop and make sure you're comfortable as soon as you walk in, avoid the shady shop that may tell you they sell all brands of film. This way you know you're getting the product you asked for and its not reboxed. The installers that take pride in what they do will install your film no gaps of light and reduce any dust and contamination. This is what you should be more concerned about.

As for CIR i cant comment since I've never used the product.