BG Cleaning - Pull or Push squeegee

I feel like pushing lets me dig in more. On back glass i was using the red go doctor and the soft red you kinda have to push, i've pulled the red blade out when i was pulling. I've recently switched to the yellow go doctor and it stays in push or pull, but pushing is just better leverage for me.

I'm wondering if pushing a blue max would be better for cleaning (after scraping/scrubbing), i keep picturing the firmer blade almost scraping the dirt off better than my red go doctor. I'm overthinking i'm sure.  

1 hour ago, Tint Slayer said:

I feel like pushing lets me dig in more. On back glass i was using the red go doctor and the soft red you kinda have to push, i've pulled the red blade out when i was pulling. I've recently switched to the yellow go doctor and it stays in push or pull, but pushing is just better leverage for me.

I'm wondering if pushing a blue max would be better for cleaning (after scraping/scrubbing), i keep picturing the firmer blade almost scraping the dirt off better than my red go doctor. I'm overthinking i'm sure.  

Ive never tried any of the go doctors.  Seems for pushing that the harder the squeegee blade, the easier it glides. I’d like to see how the redline sqeegee glides for pushing. 

2 hours ago, CaliTINT said:

I prefer to pull. I feel like I have more control of where the water goes. But I'm gonna try pushing on my next one and see what happens. 

Pusing makes cleaning the windshield easier and is how i started doing the same for BG’s. 

2 hours ago, jh812 said:

BG I push from center out and sides I pull.

Are you running that 8” blu max blade in the 8” handle??

2 hours ago, jh812 said:

Sure am and I love it. Use it for the back and front. I keep hearing it doesn't work good on really curved windows but I haven't had an issue yet. 

Yeah, but there really isnt many curvy bgs out there. I squeegee from center out for the bg, but i wanted to mention this other method I saw some guy use cleaning the windshield. This how it works with squeegee in right hand: You start squeegeeing straight ‘down’ the right side several inches and then turn going ‘straight’ across to the left side edge.  This way you can squeegee from side to side in one pass.  Definitely is less effort. 

3 hours ago, pbalentine said:

Ive never tried any of the go doctors.  Seems for pushing that the harder the squeegee blade, the easier it glides. I’d like to see how the redline sqeegee glides for pushing. 

Pusing makes cleaning the windshield easier and is how i started doing the same for BG’s. 

Are you running that 8” blu max blade in the 8” handle??

I was using the 5" Blue Max blade. Used to use the Orange Crush but went back to BM. Then recently started using the Go Doctor but insert the yellow blade for cleaning

I'm looking at my new tool pile or aka the "i buy stuff, try it, then don't use it" pile, i have a green turbo (not the Fusion) and used it a few times for cleaning and liked it and not sure why i stopped using it. I saw someone in the FB groups put the green turbo in an unger handle and used it that way.