Rough /rubbery/ sticky PPF

Hello all,

I am currently looking for exact opposite of the typical smooth, dirt repelling, self-cleaning, water-sliding film which is the dream of every PPF applicator and user. For my application I need something rubbery and "sticky" to the fingers when You slide them on the surface, kind of like the old PPFs were back in the day (from what I've heard at least, I wasn't applying PPFs back then). This is for special application on a superbike tank pad where normal good quality PPF is too slippery and does not give You enough grip when in corners etc. Can You recommend a film that might be most suitable? Of course would be best if it still had self-healing properties if it's possible and would not yellow too quickly.

Or maybe it would not be PPF altogether but something else like i.e. PVC?

Thanks!

Simon

You may want to look into Xpel Armor for that application. It looks and feels like bed liner. I used it on the rockers of a dually pickup that wasn't getting enough protection out of regular PPF. It's held up well and was easier to install than I expected. 

Thanks @highplains. I know of the Xpel Armor, the thing I am looking for though is something transparent and without any structure -- I did not mention that in original post by mistake, sorry for that. Of course transparent and smooth surface won't perform as good as the bed liner material but I am looking for something that would still perform better in this regard than regular, smooth PPF.

Edited by SimonI

Guest Dentpusher

3M makes an aero-protectant film that is easy release that I use on headlights.   It seems very tacky and rubbery compared to other films I've used .