TSER between Architectural and automotive films?

Guest Slime

Hello, 

I would like to ask one thing.

When it comes to the specification of window films,

Some customers say that TSER is the most important factor in being the best window film.

However, in my experience, visibility balance and easy to install film is the most important thing for me.

I think for that reason, SunTek and Lulmar do not make higher TSER films for automotive than other companies, 

even though they are a very big company like Eastman Chemical.

What do you think about TSER between Architectural and automotive films?

( Total Solar Energy Rejection ) 

Architectural films have very high TSER, but automotive films have not that higher TSER.

Why is that? Can someone explain the reason? 

The higher TSER architectural is mostly metalized window films while most of the automotive films are not.  The HP films that are for automotive, I assume have less metal alloy than the flat glass counterpart.  If you look at non-metalized architectural films like Ceramic, you will see more closely match TSER.  As far as what is the most important factor, that depends on who is asking.  If a consumer, then performance like TSER is very important plus optical clarity and appearance.  They don't care how hard it is to install, just that it does what the installer promises.  If an installer, then installation ease becomes a factor along with with cost, the warranty program along with the performance and optical clarity.  As an installer, you find the best balance for you.  Some want the highest performing, newest technology on the market while others want a product that is dependable with a long track record that has never lelt them down.  Most of Eastman automotive film lines have a higher-performing film when it comes to Infrared.  Those lines' performance increases as the brand get more prestigious.  F1 Stratos > Autobahn i3 > Llumar IRX > Suntek CIR

On 10/21/2019 at 12:27 PM, Guest Slime said:

Architectural films have very high TSER, but automotive films have not that higher TSER.

Why is that? Can someone explain the reason? 

Architectural films rely on wind speed produced by nature to achieve higher TSER performance than the 7mph rate used to calculate published performance.

Automotive films rely on vehicle speed to achieve higher TSER performance than the 7mph rate used to calculate published performance.

Can't run a building down the road so architectural films tend to have higher TSER's with respectable visible light transmission.