Characteristics of Tint

Guest Dave M

Guest Dave M

I recently had my vehicle inspected everything passed except my windows, the station said they failed because the percentage is out of the allowable range. I told them I've had this truck four years it has never failed the inspection for the window tinting. I had it inspected at a different station last year and it passed. I questioned them about their equipment, when was it last calibrated, could they retest it. They stood there and tried to tell me as the tint ages it gets darker. So I could have passed last year but could've been closed to minimum allowance. So what i want to find out and don't seem to find any real answer on the web is it this a true statement, "does vehicle window tint gets darker over time"? 

14 minutes ago, Guest Dave M said:

I recently had my vehicle inspected everything passed except my windows, the station said they failed because the percentage is out of the allowable range. I told them I've had this truck four years it has never failed the inspection for the window tinting. I had it inspected at a different station last year and it passed. I questioned them about their equipment, when was it last calibrated, could they retest it. They stood there and tried to tell me as the tint ages it gets darker. So I could have passed last year but could've been closed to minimum allowance. So what i want to find out and don't seem to find any real answer on the web is it this a true statement, "does vehicle window tint gets darker over time"? 

Absolutely not.  It will only get lighter as it fades over the years.