Tint recommendations

Hey guys, opening up a new tint/ppf shop soon if everything goes as planned. I've been tinting on the side for about 6 years now using express window tint films (no issues with their product). I think with the new shop we are only going to offer ceramic tint option, there are plenty of cheaper tint options around us and we want to target the higher end as we are in a good area for it. I have not messed with ceramic tint to much over the years.  I have a sample from Dub IR and have used some of  Express' Ceramic. I would kind of like to use just one brand. Is this a bad idea? Also on the Dub IR reviews they were all older post and everyone was worried about the longevity of the film. Is it holding up well now? They seemed great to deal with getting the sample roll... and they got it shipped out fast. We already have a plotter so I will want a tint that works well with that also. Thoughts, feed back, tell me I'm stupid...

The way I look at it, why would you buy a film from an accessories company (and expect it to last) when you can buy film from someone who only deals in film ?  Even if I didn't know anything about film this just seems like a bad idea.  Scorpion, DUB, and I'm sure there are more are just alarm and electronics, or rims and accessories companies that just decided to pick up window tint (as cheaply as they can) just cause it fits with the other stuff they sell.  It's kinda like expecting shoes from Wal-mart to be the same as shoes from Academy Sports or an actual shoe store.  Yeah, they are similar but the quality and longevity just isn't the same.  

When on the other hand, Llumar, 3M, Global, etc,, are strictly film companies and that is what they specialize in.  Not rims or car alarms.  These would be my first choices for a reliable film.  That plus a little decent research and you should be able to decide on a film line.  

Offering only ceramic is a big risk especially seeing as how good the HP dyed films from reputable companies perform and last these days.  Not offering an entry level dyed film that goes along with your ceramic line is just giving up easy money in my opinion.  

Edited by Bham

42 minutes ago, Bham said:

The way I look at it, why would you buy a film from an accessories company (and expect it to last) when you can buy film from someone who only deals in film ?  Even if I didn't know anything about film this just seems like a bad idea.  Scorpion, DUB, and I'm sure there are more are just alarm and electronics, or rims and accessories companies that just decided to pick up window tint (as cheaply as they can) just cause it fits with the other stuff they sell.  It's kinda like expecting shoes from Wal-mart to be the same as shoes from Academy Sports or an actual shoe store.  Yeah, they are similar but the quality and longevity just isn't the same.  

When on the other hand, Llumar, 3M, Global, etc,, are strictly film companies and that is what they specialize in.  Not rims or car alarms.  These would be my first choices for a reliable film.  That plus a little decent research and you should be able to decide on a film line.  

Offering only ceramic is a big risk especially seeing as how good the HP dyed films from reputable companies perform and last these days.  Not offering an entry level dyed film that goes along with your ceramic line is just giving up easy money in my opinion.  

Awesome, thank you exactly the kind of feed back I was hoping for! And I agree it definitely makes sense to go with a company that specializes in window films.  

20 hours ago, Bham said:

I agree with @Bham, up here in the Northeast people just want their windows darker, ceramic and heat rejection can be a hard sell in some areas

15 hours ago, Ryker said:

You are probably using Global film if your getting from express.  You won't find a more solid film than Global. 

I've got Global HP that has over 13 years in it that looks like the day it was installed....

Thanks for that info. I was thinking Express was just Global Film and was trying to find info on that Yesterday but couldn't confirm that.