Unknown Marks On Windows

Any idea what could be causing this on my windows? Only on my rear windows where it’s 5%. It was tinted a couple months ago and I’ve had these marks on them since around the same time. Truck is new and kept indoors. I’ve tried claying them and polishing them off with a DA and by hand, but they don’t go anywhere. Could they be on the inside? Thanks 

DCDA3460-4DFF-4A04-B255-0B478A2263D8.png

B2BCB768-CB19-44A6-BD3C-8A79352519F1.png

That looks like a metal rub. Before the windows were tinted, something metal that was riding in the car rubbed against the window, leaving a metallic stain on the glass. A lot of cars have them, but they aren't very noticeable until the windows get tinted.

More on metal rubs here: https://www.tintdude.com/care.html/

31 minutes ago, TintDude said:

That looks like a metal rub. Before the windows were tinted, something metal that was riding in the car rubbed against the window, leaving a metallic stain on the glass. A lot of cars have them, but they aren't very noticeable until the windows get tinted.

More on metal rubs here: https://www.tintdude.com/care.html/

Thank you. Any other possibilities? I bought the truck brand new with 8 miles on it and I’ve honestly never had anything metal inside of it. The back seats been pretty much untouched.

Is there any chance it could be grease maybe? When I roll my windows down sometimes I get grease lines. But they clean off when I was it. And on the same window I have the same marks that I posted before but they’re down the side. They’re straight lines maybe every 1/2 inch or so like the grease marks I see sometimes. I’ll add photos of a couple of those. 

EDDC3C24-8B34-4CF0-A6A0-1D889A4A928A.png

750E1569-FD4A-4590-9E96-6AF0FAAC7980.png

AC934F41-3BEB-498A-AF0C-A36BE5BEEF19.png

1 hour ago, Paragon said:

Any idea what could be causing this on my windows? Only on my rear windows where it’s 5%. It was tinted a couple months ago and I’ve had these marks on them since around the same time. Truck is new and kept indoors. I’ve tried claying them and polishing them off with a DA and by hand, but they don’t go anywhere. Could they be on the inside? Thanks 

DCDA3460-4DFF-4A04-B255-0B478A2263D8.png

B2BCB768-CB19-44A6-BD3C-8A79352519F1.png

If that's a rear roll down window I bet the dealership uses key boxes.... they will rub about like that. 

34 minutes ago, TintDude said:

Did you have it tinted recently or did it come like that?

Can you tell which surface they are on? 

The second set of pics I can't really tell what's going on there. It almost looks like some air was moved after the film had tacked up already. 

It was tinted in October and I noticed it shortly after that. I honestly can’t tell if they’re on the inside or out.

I had my windows ceramic coated and I thought maybe it was coating so I polished the windows really well just last week. I tried everything to get them off.

I do feel like every time I look at my truck in the sun I find more. The owner of the tint shop wasn’t thrilled with his installer during the installation and made him redo a few windows so I’ve always figured it was in the inside but like I said I feel like they’re popping up in new places every time I wash and inspect it. 

14 minutes ago, Ryker said:

If that's a rear roll down window I bet the dealership uses key boxes.... they will rub about like that. 

It is. But I ordered the truck and instructed the dealer not to touch it when it got off the truck and they did just that. Still had plastic wrap inside and out and “do not detail” written across the windshield. I picked it up less than 12 hours after it arrived to the dealer. 

31 minutes ago, Paragon said:

It was tinted in October and I noticed it shortly after that. I honestly can’t tell if they’re on the inside or out.

I'd show the tinter and ask if that's in the film.

The film is on the inside by the way, that could be the film's adhesive was marred during installation by pushing a bubble off to the side after it had set up a little.

33 minutes ago, Paragon said:

I had my windows ceramic coated and I thought maybe it was coating so I polished the windows really well just last week. I tried everything to get them off.

I don't know what you mean by ceramic coating. It may be a ceramic tint film you had installed.

Were you polishing on the outside? What did you use? You may have caused some light haze or scratching.

Don't use any polish on the inside, it's a polyester film and can be easily damaged.

It looks like there's a scattering of tiny air trails that occur when the tinter was installing the film.

It happens during the installation process of pushing the slip solution out by squeegee. If the liner gets peeled and the adhesive is not sufficiently saturated before applying to the glass surface, any dry area on the adhesive will grab the glass.

As the installer squeegees the slip solution out, the solution in front of the squeegee blade carries small amounts of air which can easily be forced into the adhesive structure at the dry spot; trapping microscopic air pockets in a streaked fashion. Redo is the only way to know for sure.

Air scattering can also occur when finding an air bubble after one thinks they are done with the window and an attempt to push the air out only splinters it into streaks in the adhesive because the adhesive has tacked.