So the tint DOES go on the outside outside

1 hour ago, GiftBobson said:

I've been contemplating getting my vehicle windows tinted, and I was curious about whether the tint goes on the inside or outside. Your video clarified that for me, and I appreciate it.

It goes on the inside.

The video is ironic because we work the film on the outside, then install it inside. Everyone sees us shaping the film on the outside and says, "I thought it went on the inside.".

To add to what @TintDudesaid,,, @GiftBobson since this is an off-roading video, this is more than likely a windshield protectant film that does actually go on the outside. It is not for normal vehicles and is sort of like the paint protection film you see on peoples hoods and fenders. Normal window tint goes on the inside of the vehicle so the elements of weather do not destroy the film.  

Also part of the joke here is the fact they installed it horribly in the outdoors. 

37 minutes ago, Bham said:

To add to what @TintDudesaid,,, @GiftBobson since this is an off-roading video, this is more than likely a windshield protectant film that does actually go on the outside. It is not for normal vehicles and is sort of like the paint protection film you see on peoples hoods and fenders. Normal window tint goes on the inside of the vehicle so the elements of weather do not destroy the film.  

Also part of the joke here is the fact they installed it horribly in the outdoors. 

That's what it was.  A protection film.  These type of builds focus on trying to encourage people to do things themselves.  I can only imagine the visibility of a DIY install like that though. 

On 5/26/2023 at 10:54 PM, TintDude said:

It goes on the inside.

The video is ironic because we work the film on the outside, then install it inside. Everyone sees us shaping the film on the outside and says, "I thought it went on the inside.".

If I had a buck fifty for everyone that has said that to me over the years, I could probably take a week off.