STATE TROOPERS

Guest Blade
I think they meant police officer not security guard TC :shock

Security guards are worse.......they're not cops but they think they are :lol

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tinterjim

toll facility police give more tint tickets than city, county, or state police combined. They want to be real cops sooooo bad :dunno

Guest SQUEEGEE
I tint windows for alot of police officers around here and 75 % have no idea what the tint laws are :dunno

Yep,

What Paladin sez.

Guest skeeter

In N.C. it is 32 percent and up. Checked yearly by inspectors. We have real bad problems with some over 1 or 2 degrees. Most of the time we did'nt do the job, but a few we have. Meanwhile, 95 % of the police, sheriffs deps, ATF's and even Troopers ask for 20, 15 percent for their personals.

In VA. it is 43 up front and 28 around back for cars, 43 and most anything on MPV'S. They took jurisdiction from the inspectors in '93. We have a lot less hassle over darker tint here.

The Pinnacle series from FI is becoming our favorite in NC. Dark black look, great heat rejection, no signal interference, easy as usual to work with from CP, and metering out in NC. One of my co workers did a new Z car Friday with Pinnacle. The guy became emotional over the results. Loved it. I asked him if he gave him a hug. :lol6

On a different note. I got a speeding ticket last week in NC scooting pretty fast around 10:00pm through a rural 45/55 mph zone. Had my detector on so he had eyeballed me undercover from a store- detector never went off. Asked what my hurry was. I said, "Well I began work today at 7:00 am in one city, traveled 45 miles to work for a while in another city, traveled back 45 miles to work some more in the original city, traveled 45 miles the other direction to work in another town only to come up short on film(finished 22 of 24 2'by3' foot panes). So I'm heading home to my 2 month old and wife who currently has Mastitis?-breast feeding inflammation-. Sorry, I did'nt feel like I was endangering anyone." After all that he was apologetic of my situation but still gave me the ticket. He let me choose -70 in 45 or 55. I took the 55. :dunno He was a black trooper and probably one of the nicest I've dealt with.

In the past six months I've had (2) 70's in 55's, one reduced in court from 65 in 45 to 57. Lucky - extremely cool DA and I handled it myself. Finally a warning of 61 in 55 in a work zone. He was in the fast lane running 60 with cars backed up behind about a quarter of a mile. I became the sacrificial lamb when I passed him as slowly as possible. He gave me hell- "What kinda idiot passes a marked car in a work zone . Thats a $350 dollar fine. Thats blatant disrespect of the law, as well as me. " I kinda pouted and said "I was just tryin to get to work. I did not mean to make you mad." He stomped off and came back with the warning ticket. Told me it would be a chicken @#$% ticket so here's the warning. Think of all those people in line behind me I set free. :lol He was white had a lot of red neck in him!

Guest metint

Skeet...

You still gotta love the place... some take the power or themselves seriously, some are just doing their job...

They can be commie about speed though. :shock

Archived