Tint different colors/work quality

Thanks, yeah maybe that’s it. Maybe it’s the various different lighting and the different hue of the privacy glass making it look like this. I think it looks good from the outside in but from the in out it irked me as you say.

In terms of the Global lines this shop carries I thought (and recommended by the shop too) that this would be the best combination. If I want to keep the line the same as the front I can go 86% which has like half the properties for IR reduction etc or go 40% and move below the legal limit. If I stay with the different line that’s on the back I can do either 70% (which I did which has great heat properties or 45% which again would make it not legal.

6 minutes ago, Drassic said:

Thanks, yeah maybe that’s it. Maybe it’s the various different lighting and the different hue of the privacy glass making it look like this. I think it looks good from the outside in but from the in out it irked me as you say.

In terms of the Global lines this shop carries I thought (and recommended by the shop too) that this would be the best combination. If I want to keep the line the same as the front I can go 86% which has like half the properties for IR reduction etc or go 40% and move below the legal limit. If I stay with the different line that’s on the back I can do either 70% (which I did which has great heat properties or 45% which again would make it not legal.

I look at it from this perspective: Would I rather be legal and comfortable or illegal and risk insurance issues in the event of an accident because of illegality?

Even dark spots on my hands as I age irk me and if I keep staring at them, I'll develop a resentment toward them possibly leading to $$ spent to make them go away. If I ignore them, I still have my $$ in my pocket and dark spots everyone my age has. 😆

Yes, I still think the front looks darker. The pic shows a lot of glare but I can still see the headrest through the top of the glass.

I've never seen privacy glass that I could look straight through both sides of the car from the outside. Doesn't seem very private. I think you should witnesses the glass being metered yourself to verify.

9 hours ago, Tintguy1980 said:

I look at it from this perspective: Would I rather be legal and comfortable or illegal and risk insurance issues in the event of an accident because of illegality?

Even dark spots on my hands as I age irk me and if I keep staring at them, I'll develop a resentment toward them possibly leading to $$ spent to make them go away. If I ignore them, I still have my $$ in my pocket and dark spots everyone my age has. 😆

Yeah that’s true. I wanted to keep it legal, even though darker does look better. It is a new car I spent a lot of money on so wanted to keep it within the limits.

At least you’ll still have the $$! These things tend to happen as you age haha 

7 hours ago, Dano said:

Yes, I still think the front looks darker. The pic shows a lot of glare but I can still see the headrest through the top of the glass.

I've never seen privacy glass that I could look straight through both sides of the car from the outside. Doesn't seem very private. I think you should witnesses the glass being metered yourself to verify.

Hmmm strange. There is definitely more glare on the rear but I was looking at the difference in visibility and transparency. I can see way more through the front then back.

I think I’ll have to get them to measure again to verify now. I did witness them measure the bare windows and then with samples of tint on, but not after the full job. I guess they could have put the wrong tints on or something? I still think it could just be the front tint and its ‘black’ nature (hopefully). 

4 minutes ago, Dano said:

How strict are the rules enforced for tinted windows there?

I would say not a lot for a more normal car and my car is new so it doesn’t need to be inspected for rego. The chance does go up though as it’s a loud car and they get pulled over a lot. If I were to sell the car it would also then get inspected and pulled up on it. 

11 hours ago, Dano said:

I just went and had a look at a friends Audi which has privacy glass + tinting and I could see through both sides. Their tint is definitely darker as well and below the legal limit I’m pretty sure.

Maybe it’s Aus privacy glass? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've seen privacy printed on alot of windows and factory sales stickers (monronies). It's usually just a uv coating baked into the glass on sedans and coupes.

Most passenger cars do not come with darkened glass unless they are classified as light duty trucks, MPVs or crossovers. 

Kinda like when you buy "real juice" at a store only to read the label and find out it's 10% concentrate and 90%water. It's a sad state of affairs when words are ambivalent in relation to what is being presented.