Solar Fx Carbon VS Suntek Carbon

I've been tinting on my free time from work, and I currently use solar fx, Carbon series, I had a past vehicle tinted with suntek Carbon, and recently purchased another vehicle and thought I'd give he suntek a shot because I like the color of the 5% carbon more then any other 5% I've used, so I'm just giving a quick review, and by no means am I a pro but this is what I experienced during this, right off the bat I felt like the suntek cut like butter, which I defineltly like, cut out my patterns and and during install I swear every side of the window I had fingers popping up constantly, so I had to heat them to get them to lay down, I had windows out of my truck cause it took my like 5 mins to get both out, but I noticed this film will heat quick and burn, I got all fingers down and window came out clean, but like everyone has said it's scratched super easy! I just purchased brand new squeegees and blue max also.. so that's kinda my review on suntek, I like the color and how it cuts, now for solar fx. The film is thick, never have any fingering problems! Ever! Takes heat like a champ, and I feel like I could install the tint with sandpaper and it would still have less scratches then the suntek did! Over all I choose solar fx all day long! I just wish their tint had the same hue as suntek, sorry for long post, just figured I'd share my thoughts

Fist time posting here ..

I use SFX carbonfx line i really like the film a lot the only shade that looks green is the 5% IMO..

I tried some qdp 5% and I like the color so from now on I'm getting either qdp 5 or ultraFX 5 .Im ok with the othey shades on the carbon Fx line..

Also I agree with other members that use SolarFx films the customer service is great..

First of all, I don't think you can compare Carbon FX to Suntek's Carbon film because (correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe these are two different products. Don't let the Carbon FX name fool you, but I believe its just a dyed film and not a carbon film? While Suntek's film is actually a Carbon film. Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

First of all, I don't think you can compare Carbon FX to Suntek's Carbon film because (correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe these are two different products. Don't let the Carbon FX name fool you, but I believe its just a dyed film and not a carbon film? While Suntek's film is actually a Carbon film. Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, CabonFX is a deep dyed color stable window film.  However, Suntek Carbon is not color stable even though the warranty does cover that.  Plenty of installers have seen it fade and turn purple.  I would take SolarFX over Suntek any day.

Archived