SHAVED

Guest Rubes

Is there a special file for "shaving" top edges of roll ups or is there another method that I havent

heard about yet? I would like to learn more about this thanks for any help

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just leave it an 1/8th inch long, let it set up for a bit and trim it with a fresh razor blade at an angle, though it's called 'fileing' by some, the razor works much better and quicker. There is some longevity risk associated with this technique which is why most don't use it and leave a micro gap.

filing is a technique it gets used to, I've been doing it since I started tinting windows, before doign customers cars though I had to practice on junkyard windows....I would file them and had to get good at it to the point where you dont chip the edge of the window, I dont know it took me a good year before it became automatic to me, now, I file so fast and I leave it flawless, but its been years and years of practice, and still get the occasional "OOPS" but its very minimal, you do have to be careful with cars that have safety glass and such....

also if you plan on filing, you have to heat the window up at the ege before doing so, because if you file it without heating the window of "fresh" it will get contaminated.......

Guest metint
Just leave it an 1/8th inch long, let it set up for a bit and trim it with a fresh razor blade at an angle, though it's called 'fileing' by some, the razor works much better and quicker. There is some longevity risk associated with this technique which is why most don't use it and leave a micro gap.

[*]305823

True... and when the issue does crop up it gets turned in as a warranty issue by those who like to milk the system.

I wonder if I could save money by just using the one I have in the kitchen for sharpening knives. :bingo:eyebrows

Archived