split reverse roll

On the reverse roll thread someone ask what split reverse roll is so here goes .. I call it the Chinese roll :lol2 . When you have your formed film on the transfer board (glass) reverse roll from the bottom but only half way up, you can get small suction cups with hooks and place one on the glass to hold the bottom of the roll or if your tricky just use your knee to hold it while you reverse roll from the top to the middle. Now take the two rolls and hold them where the liner and film are separated in the middle and cut the liner.

Now wrap the liner around each roll like you would for just a regular job and roll our each one about half as wide as the brake light so you have 2 rolls that you can hold tension on and slide behind the brake light with minimal clearance. Then use your tool of choice to squeegee the water out. Sometime you get a cleaner install than just reverse rolling and unrolling a bunch of film to try and slide it behind the light. :beer

Guest redgtxdi

TTIWWV!

This Thread Is Worthless Without Video!!! :lol

I can visualize it, but video would be cool!!!

Kinda' like holdin' a scroll, but instead of spreading it apart to read it, you're spreading it apart to give leverage to pull film tight to slide behind brake light *and* then just pulling to the outer edge on each side......like........well.........a scroll........ :thumb

:thumb

TTIWWV!

This Thread Is Worthless Without Video!!! :thumb

I can visualize it, but video would be cool!!!

Kinda' like holdin' a scroll, but instead of spreading it apart to read it, you're spreading it apart to give leverage to pull film tight to slide behind brake light *and* then just pulling to the outer edge on each side......like........well.........a scroll........ :lol

Ok Ok don't twist my arm :lol ...... I have it in one of my DVD's, I will pull it out and put it on Youtube but I'm not going to use a torch :lol:lol

did a 2001 Grand Prix yesterday and used the split roll so that I could slide behind the brake light......worked great. I was hesitant to do it but I loved it. I roll every back glass on cars and some truck back windows.....

Thanks to all with tips.....

Never too old to learn new tricks.

did a 2001 Grand Prix yesterday and used the split roll so that I could slide behind the brake light......worked great. I was hesitant to do it but I loved it. I roll every back glass on cars and some truck back windows.....

Thanks to all with tips.....

Never too old to learn new tricks.

Kool! it works pretty good and keeps you from removing the deck. I have a vid I will post :dunno

Archived