terrible idea

Guest nontinter

Guest nontinter

I've read hundreds of posts here and watched many youtube videos on how to tint. I thought how hard could it possibly be to shrink a back window?

hard enough

I sourced over $100 worth of quality tint, bought about $50 in tools, spent many hours and all I ended up with is a mess.

I scratched the back glass of my wifes infiniti with a non stainless razor blade, have several fingers that wont lay down and look like crap, have a 1/8 gap on one of the side windows and wasted about 2 days.

Now I get to scrape the stuff off the windows and let someone else do it.

I've done flat glass before no problem but shrinking a back window takes practice and patience, and that I don't have.

I'm that guy you talk about when someone brings a disaster into the shop.

Props to the guys who real curved glass, my infiniti is about as flat as they come.

Guest VOLTRON
I've read hundreds of posts here and watched many youtube videos on how to tint. I thought how hard could it possibly be to shrink a back window?

hard enough

I sourced over $100 worth of quality tint, bought about $50 in tools, spent many hours and all I ended up with is a mess.

I scratched the back glass of my wifes infiniti with a non stainless razor blade, have several fingers that wont lay down and look like crap, have a 1/8 gap on one of the side windows and wasted about 2 days.

Now I get to scrape the stuff off the windows and let someone else do it.

I've done flat glass before no problem but shrinking a back window takes practice and patience, and that I don't have.

I'm that guy you talk about when someone brings a disaster into the shop.

Props to the guys who real curved glass, my infiniti is about as flat as they come.

I am a flatglass guy and started tinting cars and now I have no desire to do any kind of work on a car. I have tried a few times to get back into cars but its just a huge kick in the pants for me when I attempt doing auto, its not that I cant do it I just dont have the patience for it.

Guest shadeking

Why did you not want to take it to a pro in the first place? You own an Infinity after all, so you spent a good amount of money on that car. Was it because you felt the tint shop wanted too much money??

Archived