Prius and F150

Guest c5golfguy

Guest c5golfguy

Suntek Carbon 35 Film. The rear doors glass slides a TON to the left and right and it moved just by trying to get the tint to slide. The rear driver side creased the film in two spots the first try and it was the only window I had to do twice. The rear wiper was a bit of a hassle to get situated around, but the glass was easy easy shrink.

Before

38617_472678528975_505938975_6508775_8173593_n.jpg

After

38617_472678538975_505938975_6508777_2120548_n.jpg

Another After

38617_472678543975_505938975_6508778_4839311_n.jpg

1998 F150. I tried the new Sunguard NR Charcoal. The rear glass is 20% and front sides are 35%. This truck was soooo freaking dirty. It's a work truck for the client and the first time I ever had to do anything this dirty. I taped up every bit of felt on the doors I could and the panels were full of dirt and grease. Pulled the gaskets out and got the doors done. The middle slider was the first I've done and it was quite an accomplishment to get it done the first time try for me.

That's not a finger on the bottom right. It's the Ford glass emblem. It turned out great in my opinion for as dirty as this truck was on the inside.

39489_472677708975_505938975_6508739_8235422_n.jpg

39489_472677703975_505938975_6508738_6035441_n.jpg

Guest Darknesswithin
nice looking from my house :idea keep at it....

I use to hear guys say ,, awwww you can't see it at 55mph (the dirt) ,,

I respectfully disagree :) I personally have that dang curse , :drunk , I can see a bad tint job from a far!!!

but your right that much distance works fine, lol

Suntek Carbon 35 Film. The rear doors glass slides a TON to the left and right and it moved just by trying to get the tint to slide. The rear driver side creased the film in two spots the first try and it was the only window I had to do twice. The rear wiper was a bit of a hassle to get situated around, but the glass was easy easy shrink.

1998 F150. I tried the new Sunguard NR Charcoal. The rear glass is 20% and front sides are 35%. This truck was soooo freaking dirty. It's a work truck for the client and the first time I ever had to do anything this dirty. I taped up every bit of felt on the doors I could and the panels were full of dirt and grease. Pulled the gaskets out and got the doors done. The middle slider was the first I've done and it was quite an accomplishment to get it done the first time try for me.

That's not a finger on the bottom right. It's the Ford glass emblem. It turned out great in my opinion for as dirty as this truck was on the inside.

hate to hear you had a few issues with the Prius, I love doing them :fdup but then again I've done a few dozen.

the shifting of the glass was not a suprise to me ,, I was ready for it, honduhs are the worse IMO

Good job though, :spit , thanks for sharing pics and thoughts again

Guest c5golfguy

Don't get me wrong Larry, I really enjoyed doing the Prius and would love to do a couple dozen of'em. The rear door glass was just a surprise and wasn't really prepared for it after doing the fronts. The fronts went up so easy and clean. The rears just moved around really easy and it just took some getting used to while handling and putting the film in place. I was happy and customer was happy. If I'm happy, and I'm so freaking|\|4L when it comes to my cars, then it was a good job. :beer I'll try and get the custy to take some up close pics for me.

The F150 however, was just a turd. So freaking dirty and I cleaned and cleaned and then cleaned it again. The drivers door is the only one that was questionable in my opinion and decided to let it fly. I pointed out the spots I thought were questionable to the customer and he said himself.. "this truck is a work truck and I wear my greasy work clothes home in it." This truck was a barter job I had worked out, as this guy I've known for years did the timing belt on my daily driver. I learned a TON on this truck and the questionable spots were only couple specs up near the top right of the driver window. After it started to dry up some of sitting in the sun all day, it look much better then I originally thought. So, we'll see. I see this truck at least once every other week due to them being good friends, so after it dries up for a few days and I don't like it, I'll redo it. It's the experience on this truck that I really liked getting.

Guest Crackz

when you get a few more yrs under your belt you will see how easy those 2 are you will be laughing at yourself good work tho looks great

Guest c5golfguy
Just keep at and your skill will get better and they will get easier.just take your time Don't Rush.............. :)

Oh man.. the truck took me 3 hours and the Prius took me 4.5 hours. :dunno:nope That's why the heat kicked my butt!

Archived