2000 E320 4-Matic Wagon

Guest Bora20

Guest Bora20

I have purchased a 2000 E320 4-Matic wagon and want to get the rear 7 windows tinted. The car is brilliant silver with ash (grey) leather interior.

I have gone to the 2 tint shops in my city and they both did not give me a good vibe. The one place didn't mention anything about the door panels, the other place said that they had to come off. I saw examples of their work and the firsts was good, but the second...they were doing a new Cadillac CTS with 5% tint and they had cut the outer window rubber seal 4" along the window.

I have found a place in another city. They said that they do the tinting for most dealerships in town and that they have much past Mercedes experience. He told me that Mercedes is one of the hardest vehicles to tint. I asked him if he needed to take off the door panels and he said no. he said this was due to water getting into the doors and frying the window motors. I then asked him about using felt strips on the window seals and he was not sure if they were needed. He asked his co-worker and he said that I may already have felt seals.

So.....here are my questions:

1) I am planning to have Llumar ATR Llumastar Charcoal 35 installed. I know it is personal preference, but would a slightly darker tint look better? I was thinking the 20 or 30 might be better and provide more privacy without looking bad on a bright silver car.

2) Is felt needed for the seals on the rear door windows? I would rather buy the felt myself and have it installed, then have all the tint scratch off.

3) Does anyone have any pictures of a silver Benz with tint? I can only find 1 picture of a silver Volvo XC70 with 35.

Thanks very much,

Dan

Guest Bora20

Thanks. I think that we will go with the pink fade for sure! Definately going to go with the 35 now.

Do you know if I have to worry about the felt strip or not?

Archived