91 TA Whooped My Azz

tintme69

I know I'm asking for it by even starting this, but here it goes:

I have done a total of maybe 5 of these. 2 or three back in 97 - 98, one in 99 then NONE until today.

This car had no defrost either. The previous ones was back when I wet shrunk film.

So here it is:

Right and left corners flipping down, it's about 90 degrees it the shop at this time so the 2 corners (right behind the bottom of the strut) have very small fingers that are going about three directions already tacky.. Heat on the outside + blue max = crease (x) me getting hot at 4:45 Friday afternoon = rip it off and tell them to come back another time. :jerkit:dunno

There is no way in hell I will 2 peice this car!! :jerkit

quick tip for corners flipping. If it has any reverse curve at all, don't shrink flat. leave a "bubble" in the bottom two corners to compensate for the thickness of the glass and the curve. Takes the stress out of the corners that pull against itself. :dunno If you weren't doing this already

Oh I also tend to dilute my slip just a hair too since it's a big hatch glass. Makes it stick faster first time

leave a "bubble" in the bottom two corners to compensate for the thickness of the glass and the curve

yeah, did that. It seemed though, that my film stuck to quickly in spots which caused me to crease the film where it had tacked. :dunno

When I do those sometimes it is hard to get the corners to lay down I will loosen the bolts holding the shocks on leaving them on just hand tight, then I will remove one shock when I sgueegee the corner put it back on the remove the other shock and sgueegee the other side and the tight them back up :passout

Archived