ford ka

slydog

I have a grid girls car to do . its a good opertuninty for me as she is a model and runs a motorsport agency. the car is a ford ka and sponsered by some big names in motor sport so I wanna get it right . well I could not shrink that back glass for love nor money today. I dont want to splice it as its looked at all over the motor shows in the uk and it will have my name all over it . any tips on that back glass pleaseeee :thumb

I have a grid girls car to do . its a good opertuninty for me as she is a model and runs a motorsport agency. the car is a ford ka and sponsered by some big names in motor sport so I wanna get it right . well I could not shrink that back glass for love nor money today. I dont want to splice it as its looked at all over the motor shows in the uk and it will have my name all over it . any tips on that back glass pleaseeee :thumb

You are afraid of @#$% up the stickers and vinyls in the back glass???

Cause Ka's back glass are easy to do... You can get another KA heat shrink, and then tint in the girls KA... But in my opnion I have tinted my car with vinyls in the back glass and had no prob... If you post some pics I'll try to help ya if I can! :lol

Guest naughtydog

Not done that car myself but they dont look hard.

Are you powder shrinking?? What film are you using??

You are two far away for me to offer any physical assistance I'm afraid

Naughtydog

dry shrinking talc .it seems to shrink ok but when I install it there are so many fingers . I cant be shrinking it enough . I can never seem to get it real flat like some of the photos on here . I always seem to have long fingers running horizontal along the fixing line .

dry shrinking talc .it seems to shrink ok but when I install it there are so many fingers . I cant be shrinking it enough . I can never seem to get it real flat like some of the photos on here . I always seem to have long fingers running horizontal along the fixing line .

Slydog, it's a bubble like back glass, it takes around 30 minutes to heat shrink when wet.

I do it like this:

Normal ancoring as always. Middle then sides.

Heat up everything, don't worry about fingers or anything else.

Then just cut out the excess.

Take it off the left side, just lift it, and wet that side completely, do the same on the right.

Than just normaly remove the big fingers with the heater, the small ones just pass a squegee or something like a spatula to flatten, it takes a little time.

Try it. :thumb

wasp do you wet shrink it then

Yes... Never tried with talk or soap. Just wet, cause you have that bubble like back glass, just like in the Citroen C3. We have lot's and lot's of hatch back small cars like that, so I'm always doing that back glass!

Archived