Vibe

Guest Johnny5104

Guest Johnny5104

When doing the pontiac vibe's back glass the hatch lifts up and the mechanisms that lift the glass are in the tinting area. I found two ways to remove these parts. The first is to just detach the bar from the back.. This can be done using a simple small flat head screw driver and a little elbow grease (these are a bit more difficult to put back on and must be slid from the top rather then how they were taken out) I can get pictures if you have questions but it should be pretty easy once you look at it. Tthis still causes that problem of trying to cut a circle around the two areas. The other option is to remove the bolt on the window. I had the owner do this for me and we had to loosen two bolts (both metric) while still clasping the circle on the outside. This is rather difficult and the owner who also does work on cars ended up stripping one of them. If anyone has any other insight on these vehicle's please hook me up.

John

during the shinking I move all excess away from the struts (I leave the struts on) then during installation, cut the holes out, it's tricky at first, but it saves you alot of time. Also if you remove the struts, eventually the pressure from the hardware is going to twist the film, so in my humble opinion, its better to cut the film to shape right against the strut during installation. If you do it right there will only be a tiny gap.

Guest Johnny5104

You're right about the twisting the film, I forgot to mention that. I had to cut along all five sides of the nut to relieve pressure and get the small air bubbles out. The good thing is the circle cover on the outside is bigger then the nut on the inside, I personally as a beginner was relieved when I didn't have to work around those.

Archived