cant get this CAMARO!

eastcoastfloyd

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

Since I'm doing one friday I figured I'd give this technique a try.

So how far down from the top am I shrinking? Midway? Just until near the flip at the bottom? Only the top foot?

What's the "stretch like hell" method actually consist of? Just squeege like crazy?

Do you dry or wet shrink the top?

I like details folks! I'd hate to try this and screw something up from an obvious omission of information and then have to redo it the old fashion way.

With the window up half way I will take two yellow turbo's and pull them tword me stretching the film to the corner. If the film dry's out just spray it a little and pull the film with the two turbos tword the corner and it kinda snaps in place.

I suck a explanations on the puter so PM me for my # and I could explain it to you over the phone.

Guest Sprinter

:rollin the bottom corners don't require any heat. I saw my brother in-law install one (no defroster lines) in 1987 in one piece before we even heard of heat shrinking.

[*]221235

right you are, thats how I was taught on an 84 rear window but glass has changed and just a little shrinking on the new ones takes the trouble & pain out of it! :lol6

I'm confused. I re-read the first page and saw it was a 94. Normally these don't require any shrinking just trim install and shrink a little up in the dots after the install.

Im sorry I thought you were inquiring about the earlier model camaro. :rollin

There are two manufactures of glass used for those cars. One sucks and the other doesn't :lol

I can tell when I lay the film on the outside of the glass which one it is. I don't remember having problems with these windows until the 95 model with the no shrink method.

I will lay the film on the outside and trim the film out except the defroster clips. Then with the window I push the film from left to right with my hands around tword the top. This will leave only a few small fingers in the dots.

When you install it the bottom of the window will tend to pop up. I will heat the glass a little and pull my squeege tword me one side at a time and it snaps into place.

Hope this help if you can even understand what I tried to say. :beer

Archived