cant get this CAMARO!

eastcoastfloyd

am I the only one who shrinks the bottom, not the top? ZERO stretching required. I used to hang with no heat but I got tired of it popping off and leaving air. I anchor the very top and wrap everything else around to the bottom. 5-10 min of shrinking and I'm done.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintfoo

Normally I do as everyone in here has already described. Tried the no-shrink method a few times but didn't like having to stretch it and it usually had a few trapped air bubbles. But, there was this one camaro - 94 Z-28- that would not be one-pieced. I don't know what was different about this particular one but that sumbitch just wouldn't have it. I wet-shrink everything 99% of the time so I tried it wet the first time. Tryed it dry the second time and then the boss tried it dry the last time. :lol6 Ruined 3 pieces of tint before I finally put it in two pieces, which also was a pain in the ass. I have no problems normally with the camaro but for some reason that one was different. I can't remember if it was an aftermarket glass or what as it was about 4 years ago. :beer

JC

My buddy had the same thing happen to him about 1 month ago. He works for a shop on other side of town and he said that he tried it 2 or 3 times before 2 piecing it. I gave him shiot for about a month. Dont know what year, but he did say it was a camaro the same body as the 94 is.

I don't dry this one but wet. and I only shrink the top and strech the bottom from the center to teh sides.

:krazy the bottom corners don't require any heat. I saw my brother in-law install one (no defroster lines) in 1987 in one piece before we even heard of heat shrinking.

Archived