2003 toyota matrix

FRANK

I've done over 40 of these so far for a Toyota dealer, just cut around the struts and paint them with a black film marker so there are no light gaps and there's no problem tinting around the wiper without light gaps..first one I did I had a slight light gap, all others after it had none ...and as mentioned the rest is gravy :lol

Gotta disagree with Squeegee. The back glass does NOT lift away from the wiper motor. The wiper motor is mounted to the glass with 2 10mm nuts and a large thin nut under the wiper. It takes about 2 minutes to remove EVERYTHING, making it one of the easiest back windows ever.

Guest Warning2012

Some must be different than others. Ive tinted at least 5 or 6 of these and have never had to remove the wiper assembly. I just use my black and white card to get deep in it. I do remove the strut thingies and makes it a b***h to support, so make sure to have a friend around to help you support it. Piece of cake tho...

What is harder is the new Ford Escape back glass...that wiper assembly sux...

peace

-Cory

Guest Chicks Tinting

I did one today. I removed the wiper assembly .., Not hard .. 3 - 10mm one under the wiper blade and two on the inside uplug the deforster and you have a clear shot at the glass with out the hassle. :thumb

Guest TinterRich

yeah there not too bad..after disconnecting the struts I use a string attached to a hook in the ceiling to hang the glass in the up position...just another tip to make things easier. :)

Guest Guest

I did one last week... it will save you a lot of time and the out come of the rear window will be a lot better if you just remove the rear wiper and losen up the nuts and bolts... as well as removing the rubber gaskets that are attached to the shocks....

Archived