So, if there were NO tint laws. . .

Guest Wellington P Funk

I would go close to what I have on my denali now. overlay with 18 carbon I would put 5 on the 2 fronts and a 35 windshield. I did get to do a show truck a while back and did 5 all around including overlay on back so it was more like 5% 2%. and the windshield was 5% it looked so awesome!

check the math man....5% and 50% together will make for 2.5%....5% added to the factory 20% will make it 1%.....if it is a newer Tahoe then the back glass is factory at 13% (label on glass) so that puts it at less than 0.7% on that back with 5% film.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 20la20

so yall are talking about putting tint on top of other tint. so why is it that I have to get my tint stripped for a hefty price in order to get new tint put on?

so yall are talking about putting tint on top of other tint. so why is it that I have to get my tint stripped for a hefty price in order to get new tint put on?

If your tint looks bad, why would I want to put MY good tint job over a bad job? Then you say, "oh yeah, so and so tinted it." and I look like a hack... :lol6

If there were not tint laws, I would probably do 20 all around. I had it, and I liked it. then I tried 5 all around. :lol6. it was a little too dark for me. Orrrr, if I had a nice ride, like a Snob, or an Audi, I would probably do a lighter ceramic film on it. :lol. I like the way ceramic films look

Guest TINTEM

If there was No Tint Law

I would Ride with either 30 or 20 on all but WS maybe 50 there,,

But then again.

I would Find a New Job/ Business to get into

You know how many HACK Shops would be around if this was the case??

Guest Key West
If there was No Tint Law

I would Ride with either 30 or 20 on all but WS maybe 50 there,,

But then again.

I would Find a New Job/ Business to get into

You know how many HACK Shops would be around if this was the case??

No more so than there are now. I have come to the realization that "hack" shops fill a niche. Some people want tint, but don't wanna pay for the quality. Some of them also serve as training grounds for tinters who will one day (hopefully) get good, then rise above the Hack status. :shock

Guest Key West
I have a 05 acura tl with 10% all the way around and 35% on the windshield, good thing I live in south florida. :shock . F**k Georgia laws, that state sucks anyway. :thumb

Thats why I am in Ga. People like you. We're glad yer gone! :dunno

Guest coolrides

think 35 on front and 20 on back and rear, 35 is not to bad at night but still dims vision a bit.

personally dont like 5% on any window except rear of a van or somthing, think it makes the tint look cheap and nasty too dark

Archived