TINTDESIGNZ

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

I was reading through some threads and came across this post you made.

IF YOU DRIVE THRU HENDERSON TEXAS WITH ILLEGAL TINT YOU WILL GET A $180 FINE FOR SURE! THE DPS AND CITY POLICE ARE MY BEST SALESMEN! THEY FREQUENT MY SHOP.THEY HAVE A NO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR WINDOW TINT. LUCKILY OUR LAWS ALLOW US TO INSTALL 30% ON ROLLUPS WHICH LOOKS FAIRLY DARK! THANKS TO THE IWFA AND FILM DISTRIBUTORS FOR LOBBYING TO KEEP TEXAS AT 30%! I CANT IMAGINE TRYING TO SELL 50, 70, OR NO TINT AT ALL FOR ROLLUPs! ILLEGAL TINT IS A THING OF THE PAST FOR ME!

being from texas myself, I have a few statements I'd like to make.

1-30% IS NOT legal on the D&P of a MPV or on the sides of a passenger car. (I assume you know the law is different for each in texas) if you want to know what film is legal, do the math. (I assume you know how to do that)

2-thanks to the distributors and the IWFA for keeping our laws at 30%???? :thumb

I wasn't aware either did anything. I on the other hand, called senator ogdens office everyday, 4-5 times a day, telling them how the new law they were proposing would hurt small business owners, as well as the economy. and I know several other tinters did the same thing.

3-the law was NOT changed to 30%, it was changed to 25% NET. which means you can only LEGALLY use a film that's around 32%-34%. so use a 35% film and keep it legal. because you never know who's out there looking to get a new murano because some dipshiat has illegal film.

4-I've been through your area, and it looks just like my area--75% of the cars are illegally tinted. which means your cops are just as interested in their doughnuts as our cops are, and not much else. and probably have no idea how to read their meters (if they even have them), just like our cops.

5-welcome to TD.com :thumb I'll be here to bust your azz on a daily basis. :nono:thumb

It take you a month to figure all that out?

[*]242356

My guess it TTS had some spare time on his hands today and was just having some fun :DD It's all good :thumb

Guest metint
I was reading through some threads and came across this post you made.

2-thanks to the distributors and the IWFA for keeping our laws at 30%???? :DD

I wasn't aware either did anything. I on the other hand, called senator ogdens office everyday, 4-5 times a day, telling them how the new law they were proposing would hurt small business owners, as well as the economy. and I know several other tinters did the same thing.

[*]242227

I, am too, aware of the efforts and work film distributors and the IWFA legal counsel contributed to keeping the Texas law palatable for all parties. :?:thumb

Error of my ways? ha! ----I need his address to send him a check--I cancelled my IWFA membership--I didnt realize he lobbied the state legislature, Damn IWFA said they did! And hey-next time you in my area doing vehicle surveys --75% illegal-- Please stop by--You Would Love To Meet ME!! Pure speculation--no facts! How did you count all those cars?? I think tts was just looking for an internet pissin match! :thumb ss

Guest thetintshop
Or maybe he's been too busy to read every post here and came across that one and felt compelled to point out the error of your ways.  :DD  He's good at that.

[*]242384

exactly. :?

It take you a month to figure all that out?

uh, no. I tend to skip over newer people. I didn't even know you existed until last night. but don't feel bad, I saw a guy for the first time the other day and he had over 1700 posts. :thumb

and no, I'm not looking for a pissin match. I'm just sick of all these texas tinters telling everyone that 30% film is legal. when it's obviously NOT.

and for the record, I do know the IWFA helped a little when our laws were going to change. I just hate giving them ANY credit what-so-ever.

Guest thetintshop
You Would Love To Meet ME!!

[*]242414

I doubt it, I pretty much hate everyone. (and everyone pretty much hates me) :thumb

and I'm perfectly content with that. :DD

Archived