One piece or two

Guest Violator_6

Guest Violator_6

Hey folks I had so much fun with the last topic that I want to start another one. :lol2 I think it is possible but I want to ask before I waste tint. :lol2 Is it possible to tint the back window of a Porche Carrera in one piece. I think it is an 80's model. The back window wraps down the sides at almost an 90 degree angle.......and takers? :lol2

Guest Violator_6
Hey folks I had so much fun with the last topic that I want to start another one.  :lol2  I think it is possible but I want to ask before I waste tint.  :lol2  Is it possible to tint the back window of a Porche Carrera in one piece. I think it is an 80's model. The back window wraps down the sides at almost an 90 degree angle.......and takers?  :lol2

[*]254076

I think its the 1989 targa model

Guest Violator_6
One-piece...it was years ago though...and a wet shrink when I did it.  :lol2

[*]254078

ok should I use a horizontal anchore line or a vertical.......I use wax for heat shrink.

Guest Violator_6
one piece or many-your gonna have fun with that bad boy!!!ss

[*]254085

yeah its gonna be fun I just wanted to get a hint or two on the back window. I have no fears of this on. im getting a car in return for this job :lol2

Guest vampire

[*]254085

yeah its gonna be fun I just wanted to get a hint or two on the back window. I have no fears of this on. im getting a car in return for this job :evilgrin

[*]254090

Very easy in one but yiu need three hands

post-11232-1107340584.jpg

Guest Violator_6

[*]254085

yeah its gonna be fun I just wanted to get a hint or two on the back window. I have no fears of this on. im getting a car in return for this job :thumb

[*]254090

Very easy in one but yiu need three hands

[*]254196

how was it done cause I tried it in one and two pieces and it didn't work for me. I tried heat shrinking the one piece and it didn't work. and the two piece was a waist of tint. :lol

Guest vampire

When we do them we wet shrink with the vertical lines on the curve

the horizontal towards to top of the glass, use your heat gun on low if you can and just do the tips of the fingers, move on to the next one and come back to the 1st.

The fun is installing it in the car, you need three hands :lol6

Archived