How not to scratch the car

I wear jeans, nothing but jeans, no problems.  You're not suppose to bump and grind the car, just tint the stupid thing. :lol

[*]263429

:bat:DD

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew someone would pip up about my jeans comment....everything I do is for a reason...about 8 yrs ago I was working on a car and was leaning over the car to work on the center of the back window(leaning was pretty much unavoidable) and noticed tha there was some minor (scuffing) from an object ...I KNOW it wasn't there B4 I tinted it..I came to the conclusion that it was my button on my jeans. I leaned up exactly where I was when working on that spot and sure enough , the button of the jeans lined up perfectly to where th scuffing was. Not that this was going to happen all the time of course ...but to say it wasn't going to happen again..and too a brand new car at that..for the rest of my tinting career ..would be unlikely .

Splash pants are great for working in. They have NO restriction on movement or flexability unlike jeans ..as light as a feather to wear ...and as I say ...no metal of any sort coming around a new paint job...I actually use wearing these kind of pants as a selling tool ..customers like the fact that I'm thinking that much about thier paint job :bat

That's just me though ...we all have our crazy rituals ...whatever works for the individual...if it never happened to me B4...I'd still be in jeans :DD ...but I'm much more comfortable now...till I break out the shorts in Summer lol

Guest nautiboi73

:spit

me/ I have never had this problem because I wear a Big azz apron. it is like a cookout apron, but with my crapy custom logo on it to :lol2 it goes around my neck and stops at my thighs. And wraps around me nicley, so I have never had a concern about scratching a vehicle.

Guest DSMTommy

yea, I use an apron too. I use to have one that said "Kiss the Cook". People used to look at me and wonder.... it was always good for a laugh....

Archived