How not to scratch the car

Has anyone ever had a problem with the heatgun cord scratching a car?

[*]265103

Since I usually shrink with 2 heatguns similtaniously(hard to have both cords over shoulder) , I have a soft blanket I cover over all trunks of cars with ..avoids any possibility of mishaps .

New black cars I find in particular are prone to surface scuffing due to cords

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shady1

jeans for tinting? Just wanted to say GREAT ASS by the way! how about cutting them off like some Daisey Dukes! Retractabe cord reels bro...solves 90% of the problems. One in the rear of the shop and one on each side of the car with heat guns all around. No searching, no triping just tinting. I wear a cotton t so I can wipe my cards on it while my hands are tied up. No lint. Good luck.

Guest Braud Spectrum

MANY years ago, I scratched a brand new car one time...drove it right off the showroom floor straight to my shop. We had those old canvas nail aprons as pouches. Three pockets. Two huge ones and one skinny in the center... olfa resided in the center where the flat pencil should go. The clip of my olfa scratched at least a 6 inch horizontal line on the top edge of the trunk as I was reaching over it to clean the back glass. :crazy I felt horrible. :shoot4

Never happened again. :lol And neither have any other scratches.

I'm also an over the shoulder boulder holder too. :lol2

Archived